Thomson Airlines, UK

Reaction score
Has anyone from the UK taken their drone onto a Thomson flight? Im wishing to take mine to Greece and they have told me (through the customer service Twitter account) that it needs to go into the hold. This can't be right can it? I'm sure I will be able to sneak it on but I would prefer not to have to hide it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The batteries must go in hand luggage.
If drone fits on carry on do that.
They do not inspect contents of bags, only security do.

Reactions: firestars
Understand the batteries but they clearly said the drone in the hold. I challenged this and said my drone is just plastic and wires the same as my iPad! - I will take it and blag it. I don't think they know what they are talking about.

Understand the batteries but they clearly said the drone in the hold. I challenged this and said my drone is just plastic and wires the same as my iPad! - I will take it and blag it. I don't think they know what they are talking about.

Take it in a bag, and if you get caught, explain that it contains lithium-polymer batteries.

Has anyone from the UK taken their drone onto a Thomson flight? Im wishing to take mine to Greece and they have told me (through the customer service Twitter account) that it needs to go into the hold. This can't be right can it? I'm sure I will be able to sneak it on but I would prefer not to have to hide it!

I know this is an old post but I'd just like to say that security at East Midlands wouldn't let me take my drone in my hand luggage and when security phoned Thomson to check they implied they wouldn't even take it as checked so I had to leave it in my car. Silly really when it's just an ipad with some plastic and motors.

That does not sound right.
There wasn't any reason not to let me take it. They weren't bothered about the lipos and I had the props in my checked luggage. They just wouldn't take it because it was a "drone". Makes me wonder if they have recently changed the rules, because I know lots of people normally take them and have no issue.

I can understand the batteries being in hand luggage.
As for it being a drone, does not make any sense at all.
Its a camera.

I can understand the batteries being in hand luggage.
As for it being a drone, does not make any sense at all.
Its a camera.
Exactly. That's what was so annoying about it. There was no point in arguing with security because they straight refused to let me take it and arguing with security is a great way to get on a terrorist watch list...

Reactions: monkeychops
Though I agree you dont want to antagonise the security.
You could politely ask for more information on why they think its not allowed and speak to a supervisor.

Though I agree you dont want to antagonise the security.
You could politely ask for more information on why they think its not allowed and speak to a supervisor.
That's exactly what I did. The supervisor was the one who told me they wouldn't take it.

I would get clarification from thompson then if you plan to fly with them again.

Well I just contacted thomson about a flight from east midland to greece.

here is their reply :-

Good morning Robin.

Thanks for contacting us.

You would have to disconnect the lithium polymer batter and it would have to be carried in your hand luggage.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Ceri Morgan
Customer Service Advisor
Thomson Airways

Well I just contacted thomson about a flight from east midland to greece.

here is their reply :-

Good morning Robin.

Thanks for contacting us.

You would have to disconnect the lithium polymer batter and it would have to be carried in your hand luggage.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Ceri Morgan
Customer Service Advisor
Thomson Airways
I don't know why they didn't let me with mine if they say you can bring yours from the same airport. When I get back I'll email them a complaint because I don't mind if you say online that you can't bring it, but it didn't say anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj