This wind is getting a little old :(

Reaction score
I live in the Toronto area of canada and have been grounded due to a constant 35km plus wind for the last 3 weeks... It's getting kinda old and annoying. Anybody fly in this type of weather?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
No... I don't fly in high wind. Unless you want to buy a new Phantom....

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
Ground wind speed of 35 km/hr is on the edge, I know people have been flying at this kind of speeds though I don't take risk.

If you have open fields where you fly low, then you can possibly try "your luck".

I live in the Toronto area of canada and have been grounded due to a constant 35km plus wind for the last 3 weeks... It's getting kinda old and annoying. Anybody fly in this type of weather?

Its driving me nuts! i haven't gotten to fly in a month!

It's ok, they cancelled the sky. You couldn't fly anyway..

Get a kite in the meantime, That will stop that mean old wind. Then outsmart it and bust out your Phantom.

Kite, Phantom... (weighs the "Fun" factor)...

Yes I usually push it pretty good...But had a close call on takeoff not long ago.. I was going to take off from ground,. Should have hand launched due to the wind....But anyways... started phantom motors and the wind gusted and almost blew it over on me... Luckily I gave it full throttle and it took off OK .. but nonetheless, close call. Guess I'm grounded...

Gramm...If you have ever played with one of those large two handed kites you must know that as soon as you drive out of town and get it unpacked, there will be NO WIND.
You prbly don't smoke and may be too young to remember smoking allowed in restaurants, but When I'd light a cig waiting for food, the food would come. So, I can appreciate the humor. (I love humor)

Reactions: runner1717
I'm pretty new and wind scares me. Even on days when it's 8-10 MPH the gusts always seem much stronger and I stay inside. My fear was doubled when I tried Atti mode the first time with a 2MPH wind, back to P mode in about 15 seconds :)

P toggle: antibiotic to wind and ATTI.... (If the Russians ever disable our GPS, I'm gonna cry.)

You prbly don't smoke and may be too young to remember smoking allowed in restaurants, but When I'd light a cig waiting for food, the food would come. So, I can appreciate the humor. (I love humor)
I remember those days and doing the same.

I can also guarantee the wettest spring in history by taking the doors off my jeep. Or the driest winter in history when I bought a new snow blower ;)

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I remember those days and doing the same.

I can also guarantee the wettest spring in history by taking the doors off my jeep. Or the driest winter in history when I bought a new snow blower ;)
(And buying a Phantom and the biggest solar storm happens....)

Reactions: uavflyr
It rained every day for a week after I bought my convertible.
Putting the top up may have helped clear the clouds out....

In the meantime.... hold the Phantom, and run through the halls making angry bee noises. It helps....

Reactions: loonie01

We had a few really nice calm and sunny days here in Eastern Ontario. Yup... About the same time the temp dropped to -21C. The cold spell didn't last though. High winds brought in "warmer" weather. ;)

I just flew boys! Just North of Toronto, park surrounded by 40-60' trees, does afford some shelter, just don't go to high.
Snow started coming down so hard, couldn't really see my bird to land, so I;m grounded, for today anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31