This twitching problem may not be an isolated case...

Reaction score
Hi All,
in another thread I highlighted the problem of gimbal twitching.
What this could possibly be? - Video with occasionals random gimbal bumps

Well Amazon sent me a brand new P4 to replace the one that was supposed to be defective and guess what? Same problem! I made the same tests I performed on the defective unit.

1) vertical take off, camera fully down -> Will generate most likely a twitch on both P and Sport mode
2) vertical take off, camera fully down - stopping the drone on air - C1 for reposition horizontal -> will generate most likely a twitch
3) switch from P to Sport -> will generate most likely a twich some seconds after the switch

Have a look at the video

DJI 0001 res 720

it comes straight from the SD card without any editing, check it out at those time:

1:05

2:05

2:45

07:45

07:52

7:54

Of course before flying the new unit I did firmware update followed by IMU cold calibration followed by gimbal calibration.

Now I am like an idiot with 2 drones at home (the replacement + the one I have to send back to Amazon) and I don't know what to do. I already wrote to DJI and I will keep you posted on the outcome, however it wouldn't be a bad idea if P4 owners would help with testing on their birds in order to determine if this is a software or hardware issue.

If you have more experience with your old one, it has no other issues other than the gimbal 'bump', I would keep that one. With less testing of the new one who knows if it will have other issues along with the gimbal bump. I'd keep your old one and send back the new one.

If you have more experience with your old one, it has no other issues other than the gimbal 'bump', I would keep that one. With less testing of the new one who knows if it will have other issues along with the gimbal bump. I'd keep your old one and send back the new one.

Yea but I use this bird for work, I would like to understand if people on this forum have the same problem or not, keeping the old just because has less problem sounds to me like forgetting we paid a good chunk of money for our drone, or not? How's yours behaving ?
Thanks
Placido

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine also does some gimbal jumps, especially in faster flying/windy conditions. I noticed it more flying sideways. I also use mine for work and I'm looking for a more 'professional' level drone as well, one that is more customizable.

Mine also does some gimbal jumps, especially in faster flying/windy conditions. I noticed it more flying sideways. I also use mine for work and I'm looking for a more 'professional' level drone as well, one that is more customizable.

Mine does crazy gimbal swinging when I have a filter on and it's very windy. (P3S)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

auch, looks like I have to send back to Amazon the new one they sent me? **** this is really disappointing tough! So everyone knew about this problem in the forum? Strange because I searched a lot and no significant thread.

Last edited:
One thing you might check is the ribbon cable that runs from the camera to the body. I've read of instances where the ribbon cable was out of position and interfered with the operation of the gimbal.

If it is, you should be able to see it making contact. Flip the P4 over and move the gimbal through it's range by hand. It should never make contact with the camera body.

If this isn't the case, then the gimbal might be a fault.. As I mentioned, my gimbal twitches are so rare, I don't really consider it a problem.

I have the same issue, noticed it on my first flight, gimbal straight down and taking off.

I'm going to re-calibrate everything, re-update all firmwares, and try again. I also have a horizon tilt.

One thing you might check is the ribbon cable that runs from the camera to the body. I've read of instances where the ribbon cable was out of position and interfered with the operation of the gimbal.

If it is, you should be able to see it making contact. Flip the P4 over and move the gimbal through it's range by hand. It should never make contact with the camera body.

If this isn't the case, then the gimbal might be a fault.. As I mentioned, my gimbal twitches are so rare, I don't really consider it a problem.

Thanks for the tip however everything is good with the ribbon :-(

I have the same issue, noticed it on my first flight, gimbal straight down and taking off.

I'm going to re-calibrate everything, re-update all firmwares, and try again. I also have a horizon tilt.

I have a ticket open with DJI... at Amazon as usual they are awesome, they told me not to bother and sending them both drones and they will send a third one... but I want to have a clearer view on the problem, so I'm trying to push DJI to check out both video and my flight log before deciding what to do.

I had a similar issue and posted about it a few weeks ago. Turns out I was holding down the gimbal wheel when the gimbal was already "maxed" in the downward position. Hope that helps.
(Ps I couldn't watch the vid so I'm assuming you had the same twitch as I had)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Had a problem with mine, just returned from Dji repair centre, working fine now, they said they replaced camera ribbon cable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik