This thing will be the death of me (Update wont install)

Reaction score
just bought the P3P and im trying to do the update on the unit and everytime i get the failed message

1. I download the new firmware from the website

2. i move the download files from my computer onto the memory card (.Bin File)

3.I put the memory card into the unit and i get the reading beeps for about 5seconds, the i get the annoying alarm sounding beep where it sounds like Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep until i shut it off.

the first time i did it, it seemed like the update was going great for about 15minutes. the the beeping slowed down and it gave me that long Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

ever since then i the thing wont take an update.

i tried reformatting the memory card.

i have a Mac so whenever i double click the zip file, another zip file pops up. the zip file i double click is a .bin (62.6mb) file. after i double click that, a .bin.cpgz comes up(25.9mb)

any idea on what to do? any software i have to download to make these zip files work? can i update the think by just plugging it in thru my computer

PS-RC updated perfectly fine.

The .BIN file needs to be unzipped and placed in the root of your memory card. If you're sure the BIN is in the root and it's not installing, you could try resetting your Phantom like this:

First, thousands of people have managed it so we know the process should work.
The problem is probably something simple and if we can fix that you'll be on your way.
1. Confirm the versions of your app and Phantom with the About section in the app.
i-bW2PvLd-L.png

If you are getting nowhere with the latest version, try to step back and install the previous version.

It sounds like you are getting confused with the zip version of the file.
If you can unzip the file and put the .bin file on the SD card, you are doing what needs to be done.

Looks like everything updated ok. Not sure how but now it says im on the right firmware.

But now i get no picture on the app. Called DJI and said its defective:(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20