This should do it

Reaction score
Phantom 2 with gimbal and Storm Deluxe FPV. Extra battery, props and other assorted stuff. All I need is a good case. Helipal only seems to sell one size of case for the Phantom. I don't want to remove the props

Attachments

• HeliPal.jpg
    HeliPal.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 742
Unless you plan on crashing A LOT you won't need the extra landing gear. Unless you are making repairs over a sewer grate, you won't need all those screws. It comes with extra screws. The motor caps are only if you are going to be using aftermarket props and I think the phantom 2/vision props are pretty good so you won't need those caps. You can't use that prop balancer with the vision props unless you drill through them and unless you have precise tools, I wouldn't try it, drill a hair off from center and the will never read right.

Otherwise you can keep the battery and the P2 combo.

Thanks
I'll skip the balancer, I still like the idea of have extra parts etc….they are cheap enough. It never fails when I missing a little screw or nut, this way I'm covered.

Taking the props of is a breeze. You can do that without any tools sometimes. And putting them on is a tool less endeavor also. Those extra props looked to be a little expensive. They are much cheaper on ebay. I picked up 8 props 4 of each for about 35 bucks.

Yeah, lose the motor caps unless you're buying non-DJI props along with this order. Otherwise they'll be spare parts that you CAN'T use. If you're finally buying aftermarket props, then just order the motor caps together.

Rather than investing on spare landing gears, go get a simulator or a small quad for practice. Landing (or catching) a Phantom is pretty basic and it's a low impact thing (unless you mess up big time). IF something happens that causes the landing gear to be botched, then I'm afraid you'll be looking at gimbal\gopro damage too.

Btw, do you know that you can buy motor spares and a body shell spare too?

Not sure about all those spares - i wouldn't bother - specially the landing gear - if you do break it, you can superglue it :)
but i feel if you have a landing hard enough to actually break the landing gear, you'll be replacing a lot more than just the gear

I got a spare set of props with my p2 in the box - is that normal?

so i'd say bin all those spare and just buy 2 spare batteries - thats my personal opinion

you get LOADS of spare screws with the p2 anyway, and extra flying time is what its all about really

Guys........were talking 5 bucks for a bag of spare stuff. I don't need a simulator, I have been flying planes, helicopters, and the Phantom 1 for a while now. Thanks for the insight, yes Helipal sells shells

Ravecreative said:
didnt realise you were a seasoned flyer - just thought that maybe you had ticked all of the spares as you were worried about it falling apart :)

soz :)

No problem, I'm always the guy if something gets loose or falls off I don't have the proper screw or nut :lol:

FASTFJR said:
Guys........were talking 5 bucks for a bag of spare stuff. I don't need a simulator, I have been flying planes, helicopters, and the Phantom 1 for a while now. Thanks for the insight, yes Helipal sells shells

Take it from a hoarder... it's not about the price ;)

On the question of the case, I bought this one and am quite pleased with it

http://www.goprocases.com/xb-dji-vision.aspx

It "technically" conforms to most US airlines cabin baggage policies, but I have yet to test that, but will soon.

I have modified it quite a bit by cutting the foam padding so I could add more things.

I have in the case :

1) P2 with props on. Zenmuse and GoPro
2) 3 batteries, 2 chargers
3) 12V to 110V invertor for running the battery chargers in the car
4) quite decent tool kit
5) spare props
6) All of the wires for everything
7) FPV monitor with charger (I have to remove the monitor from the top of the controller for storage but it's only 1 bolt. The mount remains on top of the controller)
8) DJI controller with FPV mount still on it

SARC said:

It "technically" conforms to most US airlines cabin baggage policies, but I have yet to test that, but will soon.

I have modified it quite a bit by cutting the foam padding so I could add more things.

I have in the case :

4) quite decent tool kit
5) spare props
7) FPV monitor with charger (I have to remove the monitor from the top of the controller for storage but it's only 1 bolt. The mount remains on top of the controller)

Interesting. I tried to order that exact same case a few weeks ago from GoProCases.com for my P2 and they said it wasn't the right size. They suggested that I wait until the end of January when they would have a new one available specifically for the P2. Their loss, because not wanting to wait that long I ordered the TradeCraft case.

Re: GoProfessional case for P2

Any chance you could post some photos of your setup and cutouts? I like the idea of the GoProfessional cases cause they're a little smaller for carrying on a plane, but I'm concerned about the amount of stuff I could potentially carry inside it. It would seem you've got that taken care of and I'm curious to see the final result.

Thanks.

I have in the case :

4) quite decent tool kit
5) spare props

Ravecreative said:
Mate, after years of 1/10 racing, I know EXACTLY what you mean

Yup, you can never be too rich, too good looking or have too many spare parts. I used to have a 1974 Triumph TR6, I had enough spare parts to build another one............and I needed them all :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub