This on CNN, the Phantom may be doomed

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video ... ?hpt=hp_c4

I really at this point have to wander the longevity of DJI and it's notoriously small Chinese company mentality of mass producing a product with almost zero support or Quality Control. People see all the attention, there sales are soaring, and yet there support and QC is ridiculous, but not much different from the thousands of small Chinese companies that produce products until too many problems, then just shutter the business and reopen with a new name.

I would think that DJI's reputation will be hammered by all the negative publicity they will receive from lack of support and QC issues within the next 6 months to a year and if they don't get in front of it now, they will become vaporware, breaking off their high end products into another name and moving on.

Thoughts?

well, for starters.

Wrong info?

Limited to 700ft? I thought it was 400.

Dont worry about crashing it? HAH! I say thats your #1 worry. ;p

And the vision + is the hottest item, not the vision. :cool:

From the video, don't see why DJI might be doomed. It's more likely that CNN is doomed based on the size of their audience. The info provided in the video isn't very accurate, as already reported.

A report like that is called here "cucumber time ? "
All wrong and of no great value. But they do it anyway because there is not much more interesting to tell

DJI should use that for a commercial, just correct the facts typical CNN. And don't feel bad people watch that. CNN has the lowest ratings of all so probably all of 12 people watched it.

Did they actually say that if you fly it over 700 feet the FAA will come calling? Or did I just mishear something in the video?

If they did, that would be about the most ridiculous statement of all, as the FAA can't even manage to win a challenge to the single drone-related civil fine they tried to issue, let alone police the skies for errant drone operators. Heck, if they couldn't figure out who was flying drones near NYC airports with the FBI involved, I doubt there's any hope of finding out about Sam Simpleton flying his "drone" around above a field at 1,000 feet AGL.

What on earth was that CNN segment? It was more like a commercial. Even the link passed parameters that briefly displayed $1.00--but to whom?

There's reason why CNN means "Chicken Noodle News".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20