This may not be new, but...

Reaction score
Has anyone developed any new and interesting airborne functions using extra servos/drivers?

I was thinking about equipping my P2V+ with an egg dropper, or missile launcher (e.g., bottle rocket). Sounds like fun, eh? It all would depend on payload capability and power sources.

Please don't put fireworks on these. The FAA is looking for reasons to ban things and even a bottle rocket would be bad.

However, adding a servo and either a glider hook (tow a glider up to altitude and release it) or a grasping/hook capability could be useful. The latter can actually give you good practice in controlling your bird. Pick up light foam balls and move them around. The simulators have such things. They aren't all that easy to do.

The glider tow seems like it would be fun as hell. With a Phantom, you could put one up quite high without any real problems. With a light 2 or 3 channel on the glider, you could bring the Phantom back and fly for quite a while.

I think an emergency parachute for the Phantom would be cool, like they have for Cirrus airplanes.

I mentioned this on another thread - I'd like to see a flashing bright LED on the nose of the Phantom that activates for RTH, or even can be tripped manually. Would be a great help when it's too far away to easily see. Oh, and the weapons package too.

I've considered installing a water balloon dropper. I also considered installing my .45 long slide with a remote trigger, but calculate that, even were the Phantom able to handle the weight, each time I fire she will do at least three somersaults! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj