This may help your pre-flight checks

Reaction score
As a pilot of a number of aircraft of different types in another life one thing I learnt was that that they all had in common was the pre-flight check (all-be-it different for different aircraft). The P4 naturally needs its pre-flight check too. With that in mind (and it has been discussed here before me by those in a better position than I).

I wanted to possibly help a little when you get to your 'panoramic wonder site' and want to 'RUSH OFF' and shoot loads of video and stills. Rushing off is when things can get missed. Again going back to a past life, if you put colourful ribbons or ropes on bits to take away or off before take-off there was a good chance that they would not be missed prior to T/O.

The only thing I can see so far that has this 'Health & Safety' point (and I suppose I really mean the health of the P4) is the transparent gimbal lock 'COULD' be overlooked in the hurry to get off the ground, Hmmm Its not happened to me yet and I'll show you a good way to make sure it does nor happen to you.

Being transparent it could be easily missed so what would I do on a thumping great aircraft, please take a look at the pic below. Simple idea, it stands out as soon as you take the P4 out of the box! NOTE: During the warm-up of the P4 the gimbal is operated through its movements by internal checks, if it's locked it's going to break eventually, expensive! Super glue and a bit of ribbon . . .sorted

IMG_0596.JPG

Reactions: Per Timmermann
If you leave it on, it does not take long to get a gimbal overload warning so you can correct it. You can get the same warning if you take off in grass and the camera is tilted by the grass. That said, your advice is good advice.

Remember, there are 2 gimbal guards. A small styrofoam one and the plastic one. I have a checklist on my iPad pro that I use when setting up and that does the job.

I did the same thing, great minds man[emoji106][emoji51][emoji89]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj