This is Worth Looking at

Seahorse said:
None of which justifies spamming this forum with links for a competitor... :arrow:

I thought this at first and then I asked myself just how do you get people to know about alternative sites ? Virtually everything these days is done by word of mouth or post.

Are people upset because Frank posted a link to his own site ? What if a member discovered the site, thought it was good and shared the link. ? Would that be ok. Surely we would not want people to be afraid of posting things because they might be accused of spamming.

The other day I learn't from a forum member about a site featuring 'Best Quadcopter Videos', its a great resource for people wanting to learn about techniques. In fact its much stronger in that respect than this forum.

The reality is all the time this forum is better than anything else it will attract the most posts and attention. To do that though it has to continuously improve. The only change I can think of since I have been a member is that we finally got some 'stickies'.

Plenty of people have suggested the recruitment of mods and helpers to organise things but Adam does not want that. Thats cool its his site. You can't deny though that a lot of people will appreciate the order that would bring.

As for trolls, I loath them. I don't agree with the strategy of ignoring them I much prefer instant termination so that they don't bother people. To allow them to survive for very long just leads to a feeling that we are back in the wild west. They hurt the reputation of the forum and scare of the newbies.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Seahorse said:
None of which justifies spamming this forum with links for a competitor... :arrow:

I thought this at first and then I asked myself just how do you get people to know about alternative sites ? Virtually everything these days is done by word of mouth or post.

Sorry, I beg to differ...

Just%20google%20it.jpg

flyNfrank said:
"Another Option"

We don't need any more. The 'quad' forum 'marketplace' is pretty saturated already. Phantompilots.com, DJIGuys, multirotorforums.com, DIYDrones, multibladehelicopters to mention just a few of the many out there.

Most of the questions and posts on here also appear on some of the other mainstream sites so why is there a need for yet another? And then..... you come on here and advertise your own site............ :evil:

goldfishrock said:
flyNfrank said:
"Another Option"

We don't need any more. The 'quad' forum 'marketplace' is pretty saturated already. Phantompilots.com, DJIGuys, multirotorforums.com, DIYDrones, multibladehelicopters to mention just a few of the many out there.

Most of the questions and posts on here also appear on some of the other mainstream sites so why is there a need for yet another? And then..... you come on here and advertise your own site............ :evil:

Well you have just advertised the entire competition. :D There are lots of other sites and I bet many of the people who are members here are members there. I visit and contribute to 4 in total. The problem is that the hobby is exploding and more and more people are coming into it every day. There will be no shortage of members for any site. Competition is a good thing and I don't think its smart to try and smother something at birth to prevent it. This site needs more organisation. Frank's site is going to be a more organised affair.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Frank's site is going to be a more organised affair.

well -- that remains to be seen! I don't like the current layout.. And unless he does something custom, the search will be no better than here. The BB he's using is no better than PHPBB....

Still, be interesting to see how it goes!

gpauk said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

well -- that remains to be seen! I don't like the current layout.. And unless he does something custom, the search will be no better than here. The BB he's using is no better than PHPBB....

I know nothing about BB software. What I do know though is that its very easy to discuss with that team what you would like to see on the forum and how you want it improved. I have given my thoughts and they are being considered. I have also given them here at times and they got nowhere real fast.

I still love the place though. Its taught me most of what I now know and I will always be grateful for that. There are some great people here.

gpauk said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

I'm not sure what experience you have with bulletin boards, but vB is leaps and bounds above PHPBB. They both are .php based boards but vB is supported the best of them all. However, the recently released version has some major issues. It should have never been released as it is nowhere close to being ready. We spent two weeks working with until I decided to go back to the version before it's release.

My posting about the site here is really no difference then vendor's and manufacturer's make threads to sell product. If the own of this site used it to draw a income from and feed his family, then you can bet I would not have mentioned anything here. But the thing is neither site sales anything.

MCP was not built to replace any website. The two should not be compared to, because when in the final stage there will be no comparison. I just barely began to remove the wrapping on the MCP site. It has a very LONG way to go. I guess it's only common that people judge things, and regardless of how much or how many of anything, a person can not make everyone happy.

And gpauk, let me cover this hopefully one last time. The MCP website is not there to compete or replace this website or any other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31