This is something DJI needs to work on

gunslinger said:
Ian... I'm a bit confused. When landing and holding the left stick down for three seconds after vertical movement has ceased... the motors shut down. Couldn't a similar algorithm be configured???

-slinger

Yes and you could have it so that after three seconds of no descent, the motors shut off without holding the stick down. But, there are two problems with that:

1. The Phantom would need to constantly descend to test the condition.
2. An updraft or brief barometric anomaly could cause your Phantom to plummet from the sky.

The challenge in shutting the motors off automatically is that it is a really important decision and one you really don't want to get wrong. Getting it wrong could be even more dangerous than the intended benefit.

J.James said:
That kid seems like he should be lucky that man kind does all it does already to prevent Darwinism from taking its natural course.

But hey did any one else catch the rocket or what ever it was that streaks by over the girls head in the sky really fast right at the 14:52 mark in the video ?

The video was sped up at that point - it was a plane flying past up high!

The video was sped up at that point - it was a plane flying past up high!
thans what I thought the first few times I played it back but the smoke trail was to wavy to be a plane and the video dont seem speed up just the camrea moveing fast as its flipping over.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl