This is kinda Shi@#y... but need your opinion...

Reaction score
So I got a New Gopro Hero 4 Black.... 2 weeks ago at Best buy.. Didn't buy protection plan.
Yesterday, I got a new micro SD Card.. so I figured... Let me OPEN the NEW go pro (still in box) and
install the NEW SD card so I can have it ready for my next flight... Being a new camera
and a bit different from the Hero 3 I have.... and not being used to it... I straight up DROPPED IT
taking it out of the case... and THE LENSE BROKE!!!!! Glass Shattered....

I need your help with this....

Option A - Called Gopro they are offering me 40% off a Brand new Gopro Black If I send the
broken one... Meaning Pay $300 more... my camera now costed me $800....
(probably the right thing to do in my case)

Option B - Go to Best buy, Buy another go pro black, get a protection plan... return the
broken one... (shitty option but Im seriously thinking about it)

Option C - Do the "B" somewhere else like Amazon or Sams club...

YOUR OPTION???

rewsnAehT said:
So I got a New Gopro Hero 4 Black.... 2 weeks ago at Best buy.. Didn't buy protection plan.
Yesterday, I got a new micro SD Card.. so I figured... Let me OPEN the NEW go pro (still in box) and
install the NEW SD card so I can have it ready for my next flight... Being a new camera
and a bit different from the Hero 3 I have.... and not being used to it... I straight up DROPPED IT
taking it out of the case... and THE LENSE BROKE!!!!! Glass Shattered....

I need your help with this....

Option A - Called Gopro they are offering me 40% off a Brand new Gopro Black If I send the
broken one... Meaning Pay $300 more... my camera now costed me $800....
(probably the right thing to do in my case)

Option B - Go to Best buy, Buy another go pro black, get a protection plan... return the
broken one... (shitty option but Im seriously thinking about it)

Option C - Do the "B" somewhere else like Amazon or Sams club...

YOUR OPTION???

option B is the most cost effective, BUT you are risking bad kharma. If you do it, you will likely pay it back in some other way. A speeding ticket, a phantom crash, a plumbing leak, you name it. You are better off in life being honest. I am a firm believer in what comes around goes around.

Options B and C are likely not viable - Most consumer product protection plans are tied to the serial number of the device to stop just this sort of fraud. Found this in the Geek Squad Protection Plan terms and conditions:
Section 7 EXCLUSIONS TO COVERAGE.
In addition to any other Coverage and Product-specific exclusions identified above, claims and Coverage under this Plan will be denied in the following situations:

e. If the serial numbers on your Covered Product have been altered, defaced or removed or if you submit a claim for a product having a different serial number than the serial number our records indicate for the Covered Product unless you show that you received a replacement product from the manufacturer under the manufacturer’s warranty

There's no choice here.

"A" is the only option and you've already admitted that.

My brother does that. Buys something...screws it up...his own fault...then gets another and does the switch. That's just wrong. It's difficult to respect him when he does this. No one else is responsible for my mistakes...... not trying to dump on you so do what makes you feel good.

Thanks guys!!! I guess that that's what I needed.. I was seriously debating with basically:
- Doing the right thing (means spending more)
- Doing the shitty thing (means spending less & all the other "possible" risks)
and I'm going to pursue the solution with Gopro Directly... Thanks for the good vibes! :)

Did you use a credit card? Many credit cards have purchase protection for 90 days or more. They will credit your account if you break the product or it is stolen. I once was credited $500 after I dropped a camera from a great height one week after I bought it. I did this through American Express. Just had to fill out a form online and within a few days they credited my account. They didn't even need proof that I broke it (although I'm a good customer with them).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav