This is how a defective P2 shoots...

I have changed my gains to stock: PRW 120, V120, ATTI 220 & 220. Then I changed them a bit: PRW 140, V120, ATTI 200 & 200.

The video is as bad as ever no matter what settings I choose. Maybe it's too windy. There's no way to know because even if DJI published wind standards (which they don't as far as I know) I have no way of knowing the strength of the wind where I'm flying.

I really wish I hadn't purchased a Phantom. I saw footage that looked good and fell for it. The Phantom is not capable of shooting stable footage except, apparently, in the rarest conditions.

adanac said:
I have changed my gains to stock: PRW 120, V120, ATTI 220 & 220. Then I changed them a bit: PRW 140, V120, ATTI 200 & 200.

The video is as bad as ever no matter what settings I choose. Maybe it's too windy. There's no way to know because even if DJI published wind standards (which they don't as far as I know) I have no way of knowing the strength of the wind where I'm flying.

I really wish I hadn't purchased a Phantom. I saw footage that looked good and fell for it. The Phantom is not capable of shooting stable footage except, apparently, in the rarest conditions.

Not quite sure what you were expecting with the Phantom. It's a consumer product more than a professional one. A lot of that footage you've seen has been stabilized and/or shot in ways to reduce wind turbulence and/or in conditions that don't have a lot of wind to begin with. It sounds like you need a 550 or larger with a 3 axis gimbal. That's very much a different beast.

happydogs said:
ok, i'll buy it from you....$200!!!!!

uhhhmm, $201!

but, seriously, i've seen vids (obviously with post production work) that look great even when the trees show a very strong wind blowing. maybe they're using some serious deshaker programs? are you satisfied you've studied that fully?

if so, then $203!!!! :)

I have Premiere Pro and After Effects so I have ample post options, but I'd prefer to have the P2 that everyone else got, one that shoots properly.

happydogs said:
but, seriously, i've seen vids (obviously with post production work) that look great even when the trees show a very strong wind blowing. maybe they're using some serious deshaker programs? are you satisfied you've studied that fully?

if so, then $203!!!! :)

i experimented some this last weekend...with wind 10 mph the shots were ok as to butt waggle...has some but i believe i can remove with warp stabilizer, etc. Over 15 mph the platform just moved around a lot...don't think possible to fix. between 10 and 15 it kind of depends on how it gusts...how steady it is.

this is just my two cents...anyone have other observations?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic