This is hot!

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
While some people worry about power lines and flying over water....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-shWVW1UBc[/youtube]

Gee, I wonder if Flytrex will come out with a "Volcano Overflight" badge . . . :lol:

Amazing! I want to know what the Phantom looked like when he landed.

Now we just need to get the scientists using them like this and not just the daredevils.

OI Photography said:
Amazing! I want to know what the Phantom looked like when he landed.

Now we just need to get the scientists using them like this and not just the daredevils.

I agree what kind of flak damage did it suffer? I can see a lava ball landing and melting its way through the top on to the control board. :shock:

Or the heat softens the blades and then gets to soft to supply lift

Looking at that video, I just cannot get a feel for perspective, distance or size. Can't really figure out what I'm looking at. Not meaning to be critical.. hope others can see more in it than I can.

Bigbells said:
Looking at that video, I just cannot get a feel for perspective, distance or size. Can't really figure out what I'm looking at. Not meaning to be critical.. hope others can see more in it than I can.

I agree, the presentation could have benefitted from some establishing shots showing the approach to the crater maybe (or just not have edited that part out). But as far as raw footage, this may be some of the best that exists from inside an erupting volcano. I know that some guys try to get in crazy close with regular helicopters, but it looks like a fair bit of this was shot at well under 100ft, and directly above the plumes.

OI Photography said:
Bigbells said:

I agree, the presentation could have benefitted from some establishing shots showing the approach to the crater maybe (or just not have edited that part out). But as far as raw footage, this may be some of the best that exists from inside an erupting volcano. I know that some guys try to get in crazy close with regular helicopters, but it looks like a fair bit of this was shot at well under 100ft, and directly above the plumes.
It's amazing footage. I just wish I had some idea of how large the eruption is. I'm sure that people more familiar with volcanos or this particular volcano can tell, but I can't.

MrTommy said:
Gee, I wonder if Flytrex will come out with a "Volcano Overflight" badge . . . :lol:

Yep
TMFS.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20