This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Sunhans 2.4Ghz Wireless Signal Booster 2.5W WiFi Indoor Signal Amplifiers
SUNHANS eSunRC 2W 5.8GHz 33dBm FPV Aeromodelling Amplifiler WiFi Signal Booster
DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack, 1-3 day shipping
ITELITE Range Extender for PHANTOM 3 4K - ITE-DBS01_V.3
This is all i've used in these tests for signal mods so far! (I do use external birdside batteries for extended flight time)I'm starting to wonder if its even worth messing with the birdside additional antennas!
The answers to rest of yer questions are all in this thread
Batteries! That's what those big black things strapped to the side of the bird are!
Dude, I wanted to know for sure but thought it would be stupid to ask without reading the whole thread..
I don't know if that part is for me, but for some **** reason I have caught that "how far can you go?" bug.
I usually didn't give a crap how far it would go. I have nothing to lose. I live in the country. All farm fields. If it goes down I will be able to find it.
It won't land on anybody I don't think. Maybe hit a cow or two. But I should be able to recover it with out too much damage.

So, above is the "shopping" list that I would need?
I'm ready.

So what's the difference between the pretty shiny boosters and the plastic looking ones? Am I paying just for looks or am I going to get the distance??

Also the guy from RexUAV says he has an all in one kit with out long range antennae (since I opted for the DBS) for $241. Waiting to hear back on what's included

087a0417d8ac49af73459e13b93a19dd.jpg

84ecb13a8f66a4c9766f92f09c5a1022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The guy at RexUAV gets 'em from China, from a Chinese site that normal USA consumers can't find without searching real hard and aren't comfortable buying from even if they do find them. And he gets 'em pretty cheap.

Hmm, any other places to purchase? think I found China suppliers going to see what shipping is.

Wonder if this would work better for my 3Standard controller instead of getting two separate boosters? Any thoughts??

211d78056dea6352370afedea1f748ac.jpg

Reactions: mcphipps
Holy **** BeauS, No wonder you guys need a **** tripod to hold your controllers.
Those things are ginormas. I think I saw a Phantom controller in there somewhere :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Reactions: jeganx
That's the 4w 5.8 and the 2w 2.4? Looks great! No noticed difference so far? How about double 2.4?

Yep! I might do double 2.4 down the road, but my control signal is the one that need work at the moment.

Holy **** BeauS, No wonder you guys need a **** tripod to hold your controllers.
Those things are ginormas. I think I saw a Phantom controller in there somewhere :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Haha! I don't think it's that heavy but I think a tripod might help with a steady aim because I tend to move around.

Its been crazy windy here in Iowa, springtime. So you got to wait and watch the wind for distance flights. I was able to do a couple flights this weekend ( still part 2)
Stock bird/ dbs boosted. Did another 30,000 turned @ 55% had to climb to 400' once I was past 22,000! No lost signal

Then a flight that was interesting, i flew a flight path i havent tried yet w/ the standard towards our Downtown. I've flown this path before w/ pros & Adv. it's 10,000' of fields then houses and businesses for another 20,000 til DT. I usually lose signal at lower altitudes w/ the pro/Adv. about 20-30,000 because of all the houses & wi-fi, so i expected the p3S to start having probs after 15,000. But to my surprise it went to almost 24000 before dropping signal! Leads me to think the boosted dbs on standard has as good or comparable signal distance as boosted dbs on advanced/pros in most my paths

Its time to add dipoles and do (part 3) 2.4 & 5.8 dipoles on A/C Dbs panel UNBOOSTED.
I'm waiting for ufl-rsma pigtails delivery to do the mod.
I got to share with you guys I'm committed to see this test series thru and i always jump into these mods with confidence & optimism, but i confess i'm a little worried bout modding THIS bird because of how successful it is performing.

Another easy 30000 this morning. Stockbird . Dbs boosted!
I I definitely suggest that anybody who wants to mod for distance or maybe even just better reception should start with boosted DBS before bothering with dipoles on the bird.

Reactions: jeganx
Nice, glad I got this bird as a gift now lol, had no idea of the possibilities. Definitely hooked. Can't wait to order some boosters. Think I may need to get better batteries first, how far you guys getting on stock batteries??

Nice, glad I got this bird as a gift now lol, had no idea of the possibilities. Definitely hooked. Can't wait to order some boosters. Think I may need to get better batteries first, how far you guys getting on stock batteries??

That depends on two things, weather and how far you want to push a standard battery. If you push it to the point where you think you're going to probably crash and I bet you get 16 minutes out of it

Sunhans 2.4Ghz Wireless Signal Booster 2.5W WiFi Indoor Signal Amplifiers
SUNHANS eSunRC 2W 5.8GHz 33dBm FPV Aeromodelling Amplifiler WiFi Signal Booster
DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack, 1-3 day shipping
ITELITE Range Extender for PHANTOM 3 4K - ITE-DBS01_V.3
This is all i've used in these tests for signal mods so far! (I do use external birdside batteries for extended flight time)I'm starting to wonder if its even worth messing with the birdside additional antennas!
The answers to rest of yer questions are all in this thread

Hey db, would finding a 2.4ghz 5W booster have the same boost has having a 2.5W on each antenna?

At your max distance, would you still have video with only 1 2.4ghz antenna?

Adding another could be a hassle, and would likely need to get that 6800 mAh and split it between 3 boosters.

I actually just got the zero gravity harness from Bestem USA. It attaches to my inspire tablet holder.

thats a good option! definitely more mobile than a tripod. but i guess its important to stay in one spot and not move or turn since the RC is attached to your body.
plus i find myself often holding my rc at eye level, 'aiming' it at the bird. but after holding it like that for 10-15 mins, man my arms get sore!
i think that tripod is 60" tall, so i dont have to worry about that anymore.

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl