This is going to sound dumb, is it bad if you cut off an antennae?

Reaction score
So...yeah. Back when I was working on my gimbal I accidentally caught one of those grey wires that hang out the holes on the bottom (I presume is an antennae) in my allen-wrench thing and ripped it off about halfway.

Now I know that sounds like, duh of course it's bad you won't have any signal, but there are two of those things and I only pulled one. Plus I think the older P1's only had one of them...I think. And as far as I can tell I still get most of my range, but I could be wrong.

So my question is what do you think about this? Am I losing half my signal?

It's a diversity antenna to reduce the dead spots due to the environment. Just solder a new piece to it.

Oh okay good, so does that mean I'm not losing any real range?

So...yeah. Back when I was working on my gimbal I accidentally caught one of those grey wires that hang out the holes on the bottom (I presume is an antennae) in my allen-wrench thing and ripped it off about halfway.

Now I know that sounds like, duh of course it's bad you won't have any signal, but there are two of those things and I only pulled one. Plus I think the older P1's only had one of them...I think. And as far as I can tell I still get most of my range, but I could be wrong.

So my question is what do you think about this? Am I losing half my signal?
Hey Bobby, Welcome to the party.

Nope, you're not loosing half of your signal. But you are loosing some of it. Unless you're going long distances it's not a concern. It would be a good idea to replace it at some point though.

How's your gimbal working... what did you get... where are the pics?????????????

Enjoy the show.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie