This guy needs grounding - FAST !

ianwood said:
IrishSights said:
+1. As well as braking the law in nearly all the videos it is dangerous flying over city streets, buzzing with people and vehicles. Anyone who says it is not dangerous is very naive IMO.

If done properly, it is not dangerous.
Ian, I think we'll just have to disagree there. But that's OK :)

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

sergekouper said:
Things about 50m/150m and congested areas are about to change in the UK
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Informatio ... 014115.pdf
That document only refers to SUSA's over 7kg.

EDIT: I apologize, some of it does apply to less than 7kg but only if permission is applied for. That permission entails an expenditure of around £2000 for the course and insurance and CAA fees.

Agreed. It will actually make things more expensive, as you will not get blanket clearance just because your multirotor is under 7KGs and your are a rated pilot.

Reading between the lines, I don't think any quad will get clearance, unless it has prop guards and can fly on 3 rotors or has a fall arrest system.

IrishSights said:
sergekouper said:
Things about 50m/150m and congested areas are about to change in the UK
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Informatio ... 014115.pdf
That document only refers to SUSA's over 7kg.

EDIT: I apologize, some of it does apply to less than 7kg but only if permission is applied for. That permission entails an expenditure of around £2000 for the course and insurance and CAA fees.

So, if I understand, aircrafts of less and more of 7 kg (actually all less than 20kg) will be authorised to fly within the 50/150 as long as they applied and got the permission from the caa? (which I understand will be obtained upon certification by an NQE, implying the fees you mentioned.)

As a licensed operator, you can apply for it now, but they will now consider the safety of the drone and not just look at how much it weighs.

Looks like the new CAA rules pretty much eliminate any possibility of shooting London within any reasonable cost. Thus it gets added to the list of places that I cannot shoot. Too bad. Lived there for 12 years. There's so much there. It would make an amazing reel.

ianwood said:
Looks like the new CAA rules pretty much eliminate any possibility of shooting London within any reasonable cost. Thus it gets added to the list of places that I cannot shoot. Too bad. Lived there for 12 years. There's so much there. It would make an amazing reel.
Its not the new rules that restricts you. Its the existing (old) rules.

It's hard to make sense of it, but as I read it, there is yet another hurdle to jump through. A Phantom won't meet the "safety case" requirements, nor will an S900. The time, effort and compromise to both craft and quality of work make this highly unlikely at best. And 50m from people which seems to persist throughout is a deal breaker in the majority of scenarios. That is a huge distance and there's no way to guarantee that kind of separation without closing sidewalks / streets.

This idiot has now had a full BBC story about him as well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-29662363

He has misunderstood the rules and thinks that so long as he takes off more than 50M away from someone, he can do as he pleases.

The CAA know who he is and I would imagine justice will be long and painful...

"The unnamed drone pilot, who posts videos to his YouTube Channel PV2+ Adventures, and flew near Meadow Lane, the City Ground and the iPro Stadium, told the BBC he did not believe he had broken any rules.

He said on Thursday: "I think the rules say you have to be more than 50m from built-up areas and that's at take off."

Hopefully they will confiscate his drone and slap him with a big fine!

Smart people don't call others idiots!

The woman seemed to be making some pretty good points, until she stopped with, “Ugh! Those (people she disagrees with) are just idiots!!”

She could have said Southerners, Northerners, Republicans, Democrats, Indians, or Americans. It doesn’t matter. She had just proven that she wasn’t being smart.

There are no smart people or stupid people, just people being smart or being stupid.

(And things are often not as they seem, so people who seem to be doing something smart or stupid, may not be. There’s always more information, more context, and more to the story.)

Being smart means thinking things through - trying to find the real answer, not the first answer.

Being an idiot or not smart means avoiding thinking by jumping to conclusions. Jumping to a conclusion is like quitting a game : you lose by default.

That’s why saying “I don’t know” is usually smart, because it’s refusing to jump to a conclusion.

So when someone says “That person is an idiot!” - it means they’ve stopped thinking. They say it to feel finished with that subject, because there’s nothing they can do about that. It’s appealing and satisfying to jump to that conclusion.

So if you decide someone is an idiot, it means you’re not thinking, which is not being smart.

Therefore: smart people don’t call others are idiots.

eckoner said:

The woman seemed to be making some pretty good points, until she stopped with, “Ugh! Those (people she disagrees with) are just idiots!!”

She could have said Southerners, Northerners, Republicans, Democrats, Indians, or Americans. It doesn’t matter. She had just proven that she wasn’t being smart.

There are no smart people or stupid people, just people being smart or being stupid.

(And things are often not as they seem, so people who seem to be doing something smart or stupid, may not be. There’s always more information, more context, and more to the story.)

Being smart means thinking things through - trying to find the real answer, not the first answer.

Being an idiot or not smart means avoiding thinking by jumping to conclusions. Jumping to a conclusion is like quitting a game : you lose by default.

That’s why saying “I don’t know” is usually smart, because it’s refusing to jump to a conclusion.

So when someone says “That person is an idiot!” - it means they’ve stopped thinking. They say it to feel finished with that subject, because there’s nothing they can do about that. It’s appealing and satisfying to jump to that conclusion.

So if you decide someone is an idiot, it means you’re not thinking, which is not being smart.

So you're an idiot then.

http://djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=5415&p=26945

Gilbert Gomes said:
eckoner said:

So you're an idiot then.

There are smart people the trouble is most of us (including me) just aren't equipped to see it when it's there (perhaps like that woman), whenever we talk all we are saying is our own views and all we do is expose ourselves to the smart people that are amongst us from the dumb things we do and say, they will never answer because being really smart brings enlightenment, so they never judge.
As soon as you say "he did that so must be dumb" it's really saying "that's not part of my small world view" so we are left being the dumb ones and not knowing it, but "he flew into the crowd" and that resulted in maiming then its the old adage.. dumb is what dumb does, a smart person wouldn't even say this.
Smart people will never call anyone an idiot, how can they, they are smart.
Personally I hate living below the waterline.
eckoner: I'm sorry if I got it all wrong and be gentle please :) At least we know why :)

Gilbert Gomes said:
eckoner said:

So you're an idiot then.

lol sure if it makes you feel better about yourself to call me that ...sure i'll take it lol just to make you feel better.
Some of you guys are so mean spirited and simply suck the joy out of most here trying to be positive and have safe fun.

Well i apologize if i highjacked this thread simply trying to get people here to cool their jets and stop calling people names.

It really takes away from what we are all doing here and i understand there are people in society who are simply negative and spread that negativity everywhere they go and this place is no different as it's a small sampling of society.

So we have good and bad here but the thing that is most disturbing is watching that negativity ruin positive useful conversation going back and fourth and then the new guys come here and they see and experience the negativity and think that's the way we are all supposed to act and before you know it everyone is going around calling people idiots!

And i have to call out the mods for allowing this, i think if you want to call people names and bring nothing but negativity you should be banned.

Gilbert Gomes said:
steveeds said:

So in addition to being a hypocrite eckoner has confirmed that he is not a smart person, right?

I'm glad you found that because i was once a troll and felt it was ok to call people idiots and one of those people that i called an idiot i found out was much older (Sr Citizen) (Ex Navy) i called him an idiot...lol how dare me, i did not know him, never met him, but if i recall he was flying in a way in my opinion was not safe. Anyhow i apologized to him, i have spoken to him, he is much smarter than i will ever be. So i apologized and learned not to do that crap anymore because it made me look really stupid.

And you taking the time to try and discredit me for encouraging you all to be civil...you go negative. Proving my point!

Gilbert Gomes said:
steveeds said:

So in addition to being a hypocrite eckoner has confirmed that he is not a smart person, right?

I guess you are not on this forum to make any friends at all. Stop trying to dig up things on people to start crap. You already tried that crap with me. This is to be a learning form...not meant to be for jerks to start trouble. You better be glad you can hide behind your keyboard.

Monte55 said:
Stop trying to dig up things on people to start crap. This is to be a learning form...not meant to be for jerks to start trouble. You better be glad you can hide behind your keyboard.

No "trying" here, just a simple Google search prompted by that loon's previous posts.

"eckoner" preaches about not calling other people idiots.

Then -- http://www.google.com/search?q=eckoner+idiot

Then amusement ensues.

Monte55 said:
You already tried that crap with me.

Sorry bub, don't recall that. It is sad that you still carry so much sadness with you though. Shouldn't you work on letting it go that alleged incident which continues to upset you?

Monte55 said:
You better be glad you can hide behind your keyboard.

Oh, that's priceless right there. You so scary!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik