This could be a new altitude record

What are showing? Give us some more background of the scenario?

I like the noise of the props, it appears as if you are watching from a chopper.

Reactions: Biffer
OK… so I didn't REALLY go all that high. In fact the whole thing was an elaborate hoax!! Call off the FAA!!! I stayed under 400 feet, I swear. Here is the final vid that shows it all…

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I like the noise of the props, it appears as if you are watching from a chopper.

I can't tell you how much fun I had editing this (I totally cracked up when I added the prop sounds). To answer your very first question (just in case you didn't see my follow up video), it's actually footage of the sand at Popham Beach, Maine. It was going to just be a simple video of a flight around the area but when I looked at the footage and saw how closely the sand from around 40 feet looked like the moon I decided to go for the "April Fools" footage. Of course I have no patience so had to put it up here right away. It probably would have worked better had I waited until April 1st.

As far as the flight goes… the wind was howling! The P3 did a remarkable job at holding steady. The only real problem I had was the blowing sand getting into everything. At one point it got into my right stick control and the drone took off down the beach.

Anyway, thanks to all for watching!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic