This Bird Has Flown, or Too Little Too Late

Reaction score
It's with mixed emotions, disappointment and relief, mostly the former, that today I returned my Phantom 4 for a refund. There were just too many problems with it, the software, DJI's tech support and even their user forum.

I had seven support tickets open with DJI for things including:
  • blurry video
  • manual gimbal roll adjustment
  • not being able to downgrade or refresh the firmware
  • not being able to download flight data
  • the famous altitude drop when releasing the throttle
  • video dropouts
  • not being able to access my DJI Forum account
In regard to having trouble with the manual gimbal roll adjustments, after experimenting with that a little bit it seemed that if the bird was on the ground they wouldn’t stick, but things may have been OK while flying. So, if anybody is having that problem I recommend checking to see if it occurs when the bird is in the air.

Be it known that I’m not looking for solutions to any of the problems I mentioned above. As I said, I’ve returned my P4. I’m just posting for general information.

I’m thinking about buying a P3. Can I expect better performance with those or am I looking at similar hassles? Would the pro version be my best bet if I go that route?

Thanks to all who’ve assisted me both here and in other threads.

Sad to hear. If a company couldn't make you happy with the lemon you got, I'd go with a different company than to stay with them.

Just wait for flpholt to start raving about Autel Xstar :D

Reactions: flpholt
I agree with ftttu ,I'm not a rep for anybody ,but I have heard nothing but great things from Autel .I have flown the x star premium two plus mile range and great customer service

plus you get a free case real nice one go with autel

20160427_153329.jpg

So how come these other brands arent marketed better to the public? Forgive me cause Im a newb. Granted all i see in stores such as bestbuy are DJI, Yuneec, and 3DR.

autel just came out but they have been around longer than dji bestbuy only sells certain brands look on aces deals or Carolina drones they sell them and rave about it/ and if we want to get technical its autel robotics

by the way I due now how each perform and quality
20160427_153022.jpg

Reactions: ftttu
Autel may be my next drone, but I just want to see some generation advancements when they get some income rolling in. Not that they are bad now, I just want the niceties that should eventually come. One thing I don't want is to decipher flashing lights.

they due have a lot going on for next one but wont say much about it at the moment

Reactions: ftttu
Autel will be next one I will never buy a DJI product again ,
I'm not at that point yet. I had small problems at first but everything is working great right now. If things start going south AND the customer un-service is as it is known to be, I'm going with something else.

Don't get me wrong i love my professional it flew great, but it scares me to think that if something goes wrong i have to deal with dji and for some it's great and for others not so good it's like hit and miss

Flpholt, Maybe Autel will give you one for promoting their product on the PHANTOM forum

Sent from my iPad using Phabulous PhantomPilots mobile app

why already have one

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl