This battery looks fantastic!

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, had a quick look and couldn't find anything. Stumbled upon a 6100MaH 3S Batt weighing only 255g's! It's from a register reseller as stated on DJI's site. Would be keen to run two of these in parallel.

Anyone tried these before? Considering buying two. Running a 6400 3S MaH nanotech and getting about 9 minutes currently. (weighs something like 405g's)

http://www.rangevideo.com/en/3s/312-rv- ... -pack.html

Reactions: Grasstec Geomatics
The specs on that battery state the following:

1C standard discharge, 2C maximum discharge, 3C for 3 second bursts.

That's nowhere near a high enough discharge rate!!! :eek: This battery will only deliver about 18 amps max and then for only 3 second bursts. Definitely not enough power to operate the motors. You want at least a 20C-35C rating depending on your quad or hex's motor ratings.

I would NOT recommend using this battery!

U.M.

SammyB said:
Whoa didn't even notice the C rating! Thanks for pointing that out UM.

Let me know how you go trying to carry a 10000MaH on your flamewheel ;)

I'm currently running an Onyx 3S 6400mAh 35C which gets me around 10 minutes of flight time give or take. However I'd like to find something better as far as a power-to-weight ratio is concerned.

What we need is a new method for rating LiPo's. We need a weight to mAh measurement. For example, my Onyx 6400mAh battery weighs 505 grams. This gives me an effective Weight-to-Milliamp Hour rating of 12.67. (12.67 Milliamp Hour per gram) A stock Phantom 2200mAh battery at 185 grams would have a W2MH (<- My newly invented acronym) rating of 11.89. Of course the higher the number the better. The 11000mAh battery mentioned above has a rating of 17.05! Not bad when you think about it.

I haven't yet figured out how to work in the LiPo's C rating. Would be nice to have a chart of the most popular LiPo's out there using this new W2MH figure to help the R/C community determine which batteries deliver the best performance with minimal weight.

What ya think?

U.M.

If you're looking for a large 6000+mah pack to experiment with, Walkera has a 6600mah 3S2P 10-15C battery out in the Pro-Z-14 line. Should be around 400g. I've only used the 5200mah version and it's OK for a lighter multi, as long as you're willing to put up with some voltage sag...

ElGuano said:
If you're looking for a large 6000+mah pack to experiment with, Walkera has a 6600mah 3S2P 10-15C battery out in the Pro-Z-14 line. Should be around 400g. I've only used the 5200mah version and it's OK for a lighter multi, as long as you're willing to put up with some voltage sag...

Do you have a link to this battery by chance?

U.M.

ElGuano said:
L/H/W:112 x34 x 44mm
weight:372g,

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page=pr ... ts_id=2960

The link is to a China retailer. I used them to get the 5200mah version, and shortly afterwards that same battery popped up on HK. I'm sure it'll happen for this one too...

I couldn't find the weight on the webpage you linked to, but if your figure of 372 grams is correct that gives this battery a W2MH rating of 17.74 which is VERY good. Where did you get that weight from?

U.M.

Sammy I got all excited too when I first spotted that battery a few weeks ago...till I saw the C rating :(

That 11,000mAh batt that Leo linked above has the best energy density (the term UM was looking for) of any I've found, and I'll be testing the 4S version on my 550 as soon as I can fit it in the budget.

OI Photography said:
Sammy I got all excited too when I first spotted that battery a few weeks ago...till I saw the C rating :(

That 11,000mAh batt that Leo linked above has the best energy density (the term UM was looking for) of any I've found, and I'll be testing the 4S version on my 550 as soon as I can fit it in the budget.

Energy Density Rating (EDR). That's what we need to be looking at when comparing these LiPo's. Can I continue to call it W2MH though? :lol:

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
ElGuano said:
L/H/W:112 x34 x 44mm
weight:372g,

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page=pr ... ts_id=2960

The link is to a China retailer. I used them to get the 5200mah version, and shortly afterwards that same battery popped up on HK. I'm sure it'll happen for this one too...

I couldn't find the weight on the webpage you linked to, but if your figure of 372 grams is correct that gives this battery a W2MH rating of 17.74 which is VERY good. Where did you get that weight from?

U.M.

That came to me from the retailer (9imod). It's likely accurate, as their 5200 specs were spot on, and we are talking a low-C battery, it's very easy to hit higher energy densities.

Fwiw, in comparison (from my own fleet):

Walkera 5200 10C: 315-316g
DJI 4400 20C: 325g
Maddog 5400 25C: 397g.

The 5200s, because of the voltage sag, give me almost as much flight time as the 5400, although they are nearly 100g lighter. I was expecting more, but the price is cheap and the form factor is right for what I want (something that fits my phantom), and I don't have to solder my own packs with them.

So I suspect the 6600mah will be ok, but probably not as good as a standard 30c 6000mah battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj