This advanced IMU cal sticking is annoying.

Reaction score
Is there a real work around for this?

It seems everything I have read is hit or miss. I have one stuck now and have tried everything over about 5 or 6 hours including powering down the P2V+ restarting the advanced IMU cal and it wont finish !

I had the same issue once before and after hours of trying everything it finally took.

I sent a support request to DJI but don't expect to hear back until November :)

Well I know you just keep ignoring the over temp thing. Good luck ;)

****PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THE MC HEAT WARNING****
****PHANTOM WILL NOT CALIBRATE*****

With advanced IMU:
Find level surface.
If the phantom has been on, remove the battery for ventilation and let her cool for 20-30minutes.
Plug in PC whilst Phantom is off.
Start the Phantom Assist and goto the Advannced IMU.
Now turn on phantom and start IMU. It should take 2-3 minutes.

The reason why it wont calibrate when warm is that the IMU has a barometric altimeter that is heat affected. Heat affects readings.

Mako I did the cool down the last time with no success. Only way around it was ignore. I was told it was a known bug. My temperature message came up with a stone cold phantom.

So you don't think its a known issue?

rrmccabe said:
Mako I did the cool down the last time with no success. Only way around it was ignore. I was told it was a known bug. My temperature message came up with a stone cold phantom.

So you don't think its a known issue?

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22688&start=20

This is why you should do it first thing. That's why I mention to have the advanced IMU screen ready and do it the moment the phantom is powered on. the IMU is highly sensitive. It make not calibrate if there is vibrations from floor speakers.
Please remember to do on a level surface - LEVEL with the horizon and not with your computer table or floor! Use a spirit or bubble leveller!!

Actually, I did do it first thing or really close to first thing.

That said, I pulled battery, let it cool, set on bench I have shot level with laser and summa *****... Worked in two minutes.

Thanks Mako.

******** on the high temp warning , it's been a bug for a couple of years now. Just ignore it it. It'll say temp to high even when you first turn it on.
But the imu sticking is something new , never had it with my other phantoms or other naza controllers. But the temp to high is a bug that's nothing new.

Ok! I used the leveling / cold technique and got through advanced calibration, however, all I ever get is slow flashing yellow in any mode - GPS or ATTi and when I try to start, it gives me five red flashes and goes back to slow yellow..

Help me Obijuan!

sj

Turn on your Remote.

Mako79 said:
Turn on your Remote.
+1 hate to admit I did that once.

Mako79 said:
Turn on your Remote.
+1 hate to admit I did that once.

Actually, the remote is on (it is the remote that causes the five red flashes when I try to start), and I did numerous successful compass calibrations.

sj

Stab in the dark...

Connect your FPV device (phone). there will be a warning.

You might have rebar in the concrete. The PFV screen may say MC calibration required. This affects the compass readings.
Change areas or raise it off the ground.

Go to a clear open field and compass dance as per DJI app(?)
Gimbal lock(?)
Broken S1 or S2 switch - check in RC assist(?)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20