Third Party Apps vs. DJI GO

Reaction score
So, I'm looking to get some suggestions on third party apps that you've had good experiences with that will allow full control of a P3P. DJI GO is just fine, but I'm looking for something that specifically provides a more useful intervalometer setting for timelapses. Thoughts?

I'm pretty new to this stuff - however I have been reading up on Litchi for your devise and flying the Phantom - seem like it does more than the DJI Go app. However I am always guarded against 3rd party apps so will read more before using it. Lots it seems have used it and it is getting pretty good reviews! Here is a link to the site Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire Best of luck and safe flying.

First thing to consider is your platform. Are you using an iOS device or an Android device? Some apps are available on both (but may have different feature sets - Litchi for example), and others are available on only one (Autopilot - iOS only).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check out Autopilot. Very comprehensive. I really like it.

Reactions: Tenly
Agree with PVFlyer. His FPV Camera program is inexpensive, intuitive, easy to program, and works well with all the latest updates for a P3P controlled via an iOS product.

Reactions: PVFlyer
Since you mentioned iOS, in all fairness, be aware that mission planner functionality in FPV camera is not yet compatible with iPhones. It is due in the next release. Mission planning is available in Autopilot on iPhones (I is a 6S plus). Beyond that I am not all that familiar with FPV, as I wanted something that would fully work in my iPhone only, and so for me that narrowed the field. Your mileage may vary. For those that are using an iPad I have seen a lot of positive feedback concerning the FPV product.

I just bought a phantom 3 pro and i use an android samsung tab 4 8.0 inches tablet that has gps incorporated
I have read a lot and so far I have bought Litchi, and Ultimate Flight beside having the free Dji Go
is there other program that would work on android?
thanks in advance for your time and patience

So, I'm looking to get some suggestions on third party apps that you've had good experiences with that will allow full control of a P3P. DJI GO is just fine, but I'm looking for something that specifically provides a more useful intervalometer setting for timelapses. Thoughts?

Sounds like you have quite specific requirements i.e. intervalometer for timelapse, and I do not think any of the suggestions thus far would help. I have had the same requirements for timelapse and have made a feature request to the team developing AutoFlight Logic but they're concentrating on a couple of other features and doubt they'll develop anything soon. They're good guys though so you never know they may get round to it soon.

If you want a good flight controller for video on iOS then AutoFlight Logic is certainly a good choice, I have always been happy with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.