Third part battery issue. "Battery signal error"

Reaction score
I just received a third party battery I bought from Ebay.
15.2V 4500mAh 4S Intelligent Flight Battery DJI Phantom 3 & Phantom 3 Standard

Took over 5 weeks to ship and now been trying to figure out how to solve the "battery signal error" problem.
Been trying with 3 different firmware's and reinstalling DJI GO a couple of times, but nothing seems to help.
Read plenty of reviews before I purchased it from people that had good experience with it.

Thought I'll ask if someone here had the same problem and if the managed to solve it.

Last edited:
The problem is that you're using a knock-off battery. You should return it and buy an OEM DJI battery.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Latest update Ver,2.7.2 I can't use OEM battery .
Also Litchi app.
Mind clarifying? You mean to tell me that the newest update from a couple of days ago, disables the Litchi app?!

Reactions: spideypl
I just received a third party battery I bought from Ebay.
15.2V 4500mAh 4S Intelligent Flight Battery DJI Phantom 3 & Phantom 3 Standard

Took over 5 weeks to ship and now been trying to figure out how to solve the "battery signal error" problem.
Been trying with 3 different firmware's and reinstalling DJI GO a couple of times, but nothing seems to help.
Read plenty of reviews before I purchased it from people that had good experience with it.

Thought I'll ask if someone here had the same problem and if the managed to solve it.
You can only use this battery with the Litchi app anymore. It truly is best just to spend the extra $25 and get a OEM battery. I did the same thing, see my signature. We live and learn. I posted a YouTube video about it:

Also, you paid too much and waited too long for delivery. Bangood.com has them for $96 and only took about 10 days or so. ;)

Reactions: flpholt
Mind clarifying? You mean to tell me that the newest update from a couple of days ago, disables the Litchi app?!
Yes
The most recent version both Dji go and Litchi are unusable.
Battery is recognized only by bird without RC.

You are the only one I've read, making that claim that Litchi cannot be used anymore.

Why, I don't know.
Turn on bird then all LED blink red. No RC power on.
Can't start motor.
Tried version down FW. But recognized as new firmware.
Soon they will take out correspondence battery.

Thanks all. Might consider buying Litchi.

Would you like to briefly explain how you downgraded to 1.3.50?
On the main screen hold your finger on the graduation cap in the upper right corner for about 10 seconds. A window will pop up allowing you to downgrade to the previous version.

So let me get this straight. The new 1.5.whatever FW, now blocks the use of any battery other than DJI branded batteries, for use with Litchi?!?!?! And you are being told to roll back the FW to 1.3.5 in order for Litchi to work with non-OEM battery? What happened to FW 1.4.6??? What is wrong with that FW? And now I see DJI dixed it so there is no way to roll back the FW.

Interesting, think mine will stay on 1.4.6 so I can use Litchi and so I can use whatever battery I want.

DSCN7233.JPG

So if I understand this correct, I'm able to use a third party battery if I downgrade the FW to 1.3.5 using Litchi, not DJI GO?

Been failing several times using the downgrade function in DJI GO and doing it manually from the SD card.

So if I understand this correct, I'm able to use a third party battery if I downgrade the FW to 1.3.5 using Litchi, not DJI GO?

Been failing several times using the downgrade function in DJI GO and doing it manually from the SD card.
I wanted Ver1.4.60,but 1.3.50 displayed. Why I don't know.
Any way OEM battery can't use both version by DJI go app.
Only can use LITCHI app.
Also don't know why you can't downgrade by DJI app. Sorry!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4