Thinking of the AGRtek mod

Dal

Reaction score
Would like some feed back from the ppl that have installed the AGRtek antenna kit. Ive gotten
The advertised range of 1000m usually about 700m
With windsurfer. How are the actual improvements or
any disappointments?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My stock antenna got 9000 ft. With windsurfer, I got 12600 ft. Not a huge improvement but definitely see the different. Heard good and bad about AGRtek and DBSMod so I don't know if I want to spend $80-100 for antenna mod. With P4 release, maybe it make more sense to upgrade to P3 Advance if the price is good.

agrtek is good improvement but if you really
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg
want range get a p3a that is what I'm doing next

Finalfantasyfan. That range is with a P3s?

I think I'm gonna leave it alone finally got a chance to go to some open ocean front/mountains and got 6950ft. (2.1km) double the advertised so I'm happy with that.

Reactions: dpicx68
Finalfantasyfan. That range is with a P3s?

I think I'm gonna leave it alone finally got a chance to go to some open ocean front/mountains and got 6950ft. (2.1km) double the advertised so I'm happy with that.

Yes. Stock P3S.

Wow 9000 is a lot for stock. Very rare actually.

Wow 9000 is a lot for stock. Very rare actually.

This is my 2nd P3S. I returned my 1st P3S because I wasn't happy with the performance(only about 3000-4000 ft at the same location). My 2nd P3S perform much better.

Off topic but I don't want to start a new thread over this. Go app did a full disconnect lost everything. Didn't panic as I knew my general heading. Closed the app completely and reopened of course aircraft could not be detected. So I threw the bird into reverse and waited. The app eventually found the bird and reconnected. So everything worked out. My question is if I would have toggled the s2 switch for RTH would have that worked or even kill the RC to force a RTH? Pretty much what's the proper procedure in this scenario?

And what causes a "disconnected" not just the regular "signal lose"
Only thing I can think of is a low cloud rolled in between the bird and I..?

There are few options to bring the bird back. Since you don't know where the heading of your bird, you can change the mode to Home Lock mode so it will always return home if you push the right stick backward. Toggling S2 or turning off the RC will also initiate RTH automatically.

Ok sounds good.

Can home lock be activated when "disconnected" since its chosen through the app?

You can activate Homelock from your RC anytime. If your bird is disconnected, it won't receive your "Homelock" request, but it will automatically RTH if it is disconnected. So if you don't know if it is disconnect or not but you want to get your bird back immediately, initiating Homelock and push right stick backward will always get it back regardless if it is disconnected or not. Hope this help.

You can activate Homelock from your RC anytime. If your bird is disconnected, it won't receive your "Homelock" request, but it will automatically RTH if it is disconnected. So if you don't know if it is disconnect or not but you want to get your bird back immediately, initiating Homelock and push right stick backward will always get it back regardless if it is disconnected or not. Hope this help.
I didn't see @Dal post which model of Phantom he has.
I'm assuming that you can initiate home lock from something other than a Standard?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have the argtek set up and I get worse results than i do with a home made windsurfer. It's a gamble I think.

I have a standard. And thanks for the feed back garry C.
I know I can RTH when disconnected icon is shown. I'm just wondering if HL can be activated via RC switches or have to chose it through the function list on the app. Which I don't know if possible when app is disconnected from bird

I have a standard. And thanks for the feed back garry C.
I know I can RTH when disconnected icon is shown. I'm just wondering if HL can be activated via RC switches or have to chose it through the function list on the app. Which I don't know if possible when app is disconnected from bird

Yes, I would like to know if HL can be initiated from the RC on a Standard also. Haven't heard of that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My stock antenna got 9000 ft. With windsurfer, I got 12600 ft. Not a huge improvement but definitely see the different. Heard good and bad about AGRtek and DBSMod so I don't know if I want to spend $80-100 for antenna mod. With P4 release, maybe it make more sense to upgrade to P3 Advance if the price is good.
12600 ft is more than enough... More than enough to get you into an LOT of trouble.

People still complain when they are running stock antenna's and managing 500 meters +.

It baffles me to be honest..

Here's me with my standard, struggling to get 200 feet above me without seeing the message "RC Signal Lost" and auto returning home kicking in.

Thank yourselves lucky guys. UK versions are highly limited (or a least mine is).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic