Thinking of returning My P3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just try to get used to it... after a few hours of practice it will feel completely natural.

Like the title says I'm considering returning the P3.
-The main problem I'm having is the controls: They just don't feel right. I'd like the right stick to control the camera and the left stick movement. The altitude could be set to the back buttons "C1-Descend" and "C2-Ascend". Now before you say just keep practicing and get used to them, NO. I've been playing playing video games since i was 3 with a controller and I'm not about learn a new way much like I'm not going to switch to keyboard and mouse for gaming.

As best I can figure I only have 3 options:
-I could buy a light bridge and connect to my Laptop and hope I could get a Xbox 360 controller with custom controls for flying.
-I could return the P3 for an inspire with dual controllers and then single handedly use the controls with my lefthand doing movement and my righthand doing camera, possibly cobbling the 2 controllers into a frankenstein single controller that suits my preferences.
-Someone could point me in the direction of a third party that has custom controller settings or a custom controller that has DJI lightbridge internals.

If anyone has any experience with these possibilities I'd love to hear from you, especially if your like me and hate the factory control setting and have figured out a different way.
Sounds like you have a lot of money to burn given the price points you are discussing as alternatives. I also grew up with video games and each system has its own including PC so why would RC be any different? If you use a cheap husban or a 10k platform all use the same controls. If you are seriously interested in this beyond a real life simulator than it behooves you to learn it do you won't wreck your investment or worse injure someone/damage property. If not, please do return it because there are consequences to this hobby

Reactions: BenDronePilot
RC controls have been that way for a century; video games -- ~25years.
You started your experience on the wrong platform.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

You've been "playing video games since you were three!!! " And won't change. I knew we should have got the kids to wash the car when they were that age. dam it.
Ps send it back, it's the only option.

There are very limited options when controlling the camera; you have pan down and pan up. That is why there is just the little wheel, because those are the only movements you have. If that is too complicated then you might want to return it.

Go with the inspire and two controllers. You will absolutely love it. ;)
Getting an Inspire will not change anything, he believes it has to work like a video game.
Maybe one day when he will be in age to drive a car he will return it as well because the controls are not the same as in Gran turismo.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You should look at the controls and see there are diff modes...you should probably return it since your so picky

Getting an Inspire will not change anything, he believes it has to work like a video game.
Maybe one day when he will be in age to drive a car he will return it as well because the controls are not the same as in Gran turismo.:rolleyes:
I didn't say it would change anything. The life lesson will be greater and maybe it will stick

Sell it and wait till the x-box comes out with 'Phantom 3 Simulator'

Reactions: Jbundy63
should have started with the Inspire - that way you can move the camera around and not just up and down....

Perhaps you can also attach a Gatling canon to the p3 to really make it feel like you're playing Battlefield

I love my P3. The controls can be changed but like others have said, return it, its not for you.

I keep picturing Stevie Wonder on the controllers. Freaking awesome.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437346968.398420.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers