Thinking of investing in an Ipad Mini A7 Retina

Reaction score
Hi All,

Toying with the idea of buying an ipad mini with A7 processor and Retina display instead of using my current iphone 4.

I'm finding that I have to use the lowest preview quality on my iphone and using the new ios App with the GS functionality is not easy on such a small screen.

I would be interested to hear any comments from people who have the ipad mini and are using it with the latest P2V+ Firmware and ios App.

Many Thanks,
GhostFlyerUK

Hi,

I'm using a ipad mini with my P2V+. It works great! you may want to add theses few items to make your life easier.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/181429908758 ... 1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/251486610019 ... 1497.l2649

The other thing is that if you planning to use it with the new updated firmware for the waypoints...you may want to consider getting a 3G ipad mini so that it updates the maps. if not just connect it to your iPhone, download the map before reconnecting with the P2V+.

Go for it! I too could not see the iPhone display well enough and the iPad Mini Retina is SO much better! I bought an iPad case from Amazon that includes a ball head (black parts on right side of below photo) and then had a friend machine a custom mount for it (all the silver parts on the left). I highly recommend the iPad Mini for the P2V+!

file.php

file.php

I have a new ipad mini retina display and I think its shite.......if you want crap resolution on a larger screen then go ahead, it aint any better. There is just no way around yet, of upping the resolution from the size of screen the app was designed for, they are all crap and I have a nexus 7 2013, ipad mini retina, samsung galaxy tab3 8" and none of them are any good in a larger format.

Just my opinion and even the newly released samsung galaxy tab S with the super amoled screen probably wont even do it although it is supposedly much better in daylight and sunlight with the new display.

Only way I can see you getting large size FPV is by using Lightbridge.

:|

Oh and if anyone still wants to use it then just get a Mount SATECHI ST-TP01 which I have mentioned numerous times on here - will take up to 10" tablets using the existing DJI ball mount so no mods required.

Thanks guys........very useful links and some great looking mods.

That's 2:1 in favour of the ipad Mini !

So from what Pyrophantom is saying sounds like the actual quality of the screen resolution (despite what Preview Quality is selected) is lacking due to the fact that the App was originally designed for a smaller phone. But I guess for actually setting GS Waypoints on Google maps it is still way better than the iphone and the bigger screen is still clearer for general flying and for seeing the telemetry icons on screen (getting to the age where I need assistance with close up stuff :geek: ) ?

Any feedback on WiFi distance with the ipad Mini ?

Not sure whether the Booster App works with the latest P2V+ Firmware (thought I'd read somewhere that it only worked on the older firmware) ?

Many Thanks,
GhostFlyerUK

coolbob said:
Go for it! I too could not see the iPhone display well enough and the iPad Mini Retina is SO much better! I bought an iPad case from Amazon that includes a ball head (black parts on right side of below photo) and then had a friend machine a custom mount for it (all the silver parts on the left). I highly recommend the iPad Mini for the P2V+!
Can you provide a link or a part number or something to help find the iPad case/mount? And does it fit both the Retina version and the prior version (the retina is thinner I think)?

Oh I see I am not allowed an opinion (as my post has been removed) disagreeing with a statement about a device ???

dear oh dear childish sorry m8

Do it! you won't regret it... my advice is get a 3G or LTE version so you can use the internet while connected to the phantom, (just clear the gateway and dns server fields with a static ip in the wifi settings on the ipad). I've tried Moverio, iphone, and ipad mini ( i like it the best)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd