Thinking of getting Boscam FPV - is this a good idea?

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phanton2 (non vision) with Gimbal H3 2D mount and GoProHero +3

I am considering purchasing the following:

Boscam FPV 5.8GHz 600mW 32CH A/V Transmitting (TX) Module TS832 RP-SMA

Boscam 5 8GHz Diversity Receiver 7 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for FPV 800x480 LED Backlight.

Turnigy nano tech 2200mah 3S 25 50C Lipo pack

Universal Carbon FPV Monitor To Transmitter Mount System

XT6 JS Mal In line Power Adapter

Available from HobbyKing.com appx. $250

Is this a good solution?

I was just checking out the boscam ts832 on hobby king and wondering what it's performance was like. Anyone using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one? :eek:
Saw some video on youtube, it looks promising. Should work with the iosd mini too right?

I have the Boscam TS 832 and it is compact, lightweight, and I get good FPV transmission close to me.
I have not yet flown very far away so cannot attest to its range, but I had another Boscam (I forget which model but it had a fan and ge heatsink) prior to this that weight in at 70 grams with antenna and the TS 832 weighs only 22 grams.

When I get an idea of range I will update.

bernardb said:
I have the Boscam TS 832 and it is compact, lightweight, and I get good FPV transmission close to me.
I have not yet flown very far away so cannot attest to its range, but I had another Boscam (I forget which model but it had a fan and ge heatsink) prior to this that weight in at 70 grams with antenna and the TS 832 weighs only 22 grams.

Thanks bernardb, that monitor on your profile pic looks interesting. What is it?

Thats the one that came with the "Easy" version from Helipal... The mount is the cool one that another member prints out with a 3d printer...

bernardb said:

I'm sure the range is as good if not better than the TS352 FPV 5.8G 500mW. What I didn't like about the TS352 FPV 5.8G 500mW was the vibration from the fan. What I am curious about this new one is the mounting with what appears to be a lack of a flat surface and is there a fan? Your experience so far regarding that bernardb?
Thanks.

Any updates?

I just got the boscam TS832, it's so small compared to the avl58. Does anyone have any feedback on how well it works?

Almmohd said:
I just got the boscam TS832, it's so small compared to the avl58. Does anyone have any feedback on how well it works?

Im interested in this too. Updates?

Submariner said:
Almmohd said:

Im interested in this too. Updates?

I've been using a Boscam TS351 (only 200mw). With stock antenna's it'll only reach 200-300m. then I used some antenna's I had from an old router (9dbi pole) which i placed on both tx and rx (after take off I pulled it down on the tx). With that I get 1.2km video in LOS, I was pretty impressed. So I guess the 600mw should give you some good range. But antenna's are everything. I'm going to use a patch or helical on the receiver side to see if I can go further.

I just ordered the TS832 600mw transmitter for my Phantom 2. I have a Black Pearl 7 monitor.
Those of you that have the same setup, what settings are you using on the monitor and tx?

Cheers!

Engan01 said:
I just ordered the TS832 600mw transmitter for my Phantom 2. I have a Black Pearl 7 monitor.
Those of you that have the same setup, what settings are you using on the monitor and tx?

Cheers!

I'm also looking into this Boscam transmitter. I already have the Black Pearl 7" diversity monitor but I have some issue's with the image I get from my ImmersionRC 600mw currently so could you let me/us know if this combination works (gives a stable image for say at least 400meter LOS). Thanks!

Engan01 said:

Cheers!

I haven't hooked up the TS832 as yet. Are you getting good range?

Adriaan24 said:
Engan01 said:

Cheers!

I'm also looking into this Boscam transmitter. I already have the Black Pearl 7" diversity monitor but I have some issue's with the image I get from my ImmersionRC 600mw currently so could you let me/us know if this combination works (gives a stable image for say at least 400meter LOS). Thanks!

Well.....since nobody seem to use this setup I will try to give you guys a review as soon as I get the things up in the air. Hopefully in the beginning of next week.

Almmohd said:
Engan01 said:

Cheers!

I haven't hooked up the TS832 as yet. Are you getting good range?

Naaah. Havent got the tx yet (hopefully tomorrow). Will let you know about the range as soon as I have tried it.

I ordered the Boscam RX-LCD5802 and Immersion 600mw transmitter a few days ago. Will post results of using them after a few test flights in a couple weeks or so.

Note to 'Submariner' - what boat?

I'm about to get a Boscam FPV setup too but from what I've read you should get the 400mw over the 600mw.

Read this thread: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php ... ...-Really

Pretty much the 400mw it seems is the best vtx Boscam make. In fact the 600mw isn't even made by them! (Jack at Boscam says its a SkyZone product)

And I'd get the monitor with built in battery instead of buying an external one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik