thinking of getting a drone

Reaction score
hi im thinking getting a phantom advance drone and i live in the queens nyc area , im wondering if anyone from ny seen anyone fly these drones and is there a drone club in the makings for queens ny if anyone knows.. also i hear phantoms are a good drone to fly since im a new flyer please anyone can give me any advice or feedbacks thx.i know theres a fly spot in flushing meadow park..

mike

get a syma X5-1 and get used to the controls
Familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations for where you live and expect to fly.
Download the appropriate DJI Phantom manual
Read the manual until you **** near have it memorized
Read the forums here and at forum.dji.com as well as rcgroups.com
Ask questions, watch youtube videos, decide if you still want a "flying camera" or if you would prefer an fpv racer etc.
Look for a good deal and buy a Phantom (phantom 3 advanced is the best deal currently for a beginner with room to grow in my opinion)
Read the manual, quick start guide, and battery safety manuals again while your stuff charges up.
Since you are in the U.S., go ahead and register your Drone before flying
On your first flight, take it easy and be sure to go high enough to avoid all obstacles, height is your friend.
get used to flying and slowly progress to the more advanced flight capabilities.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERIES ARE FULLY CHARGED BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF
and of course remember to be safe and have fun.

Reactions: MichaelR and henick
If you have the financial room, buy the P3A from Amazon now at $799 while it's on sale. If the price goes back up soon, you will have saved some money. If in the interim, you decide it's not for you, just return it. The above advice is great, heed it.Lastly, don't be okie the bonehead fromJersey and fly it into the Empire State building. Good luck.

get a syma X5-1 and get used to the controls
Familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations for where you live and expect to fly.
Download the appropriate DJI Phantom manual
Read the manual until you **** near have it memorized
Read the forums here and at forum.dji.com as well as rcgroups.com
Ask questions, watch youtube videos, decide if you still want a "flying camera" or if you would prefer an fpv racer etc.
Look for a good deal and buy a Phantom (phantom 3 advanced is the best deal currently for a beginner with room to grow in my opinion)
Read the manual, quick start guide, and battery safety manuals again while your stuff charges up.
Since you are in the U.S., go ahead and register your Drone before flying
On your first flight, take it easy and be sure to go high enough to avoid all obstacles, height is your friend.
get used to flying and slowly progress to the more advanced flight capabilities.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERIES ARE FULLY CHARGED BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF

This os pretty good advice if you have never flown anything before. Get a Syma X5 and practice basic controls indoors & outdoors

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Messed up previous post..

Was saying...Sinisalo's advice is pretty good about getting a cheapie Syma X5C to familiarise yourself with the basics if you have never flown anything before if you can control the Syma well, when you start on the Phantom it will be easy [emoji6]

well i did fly a rc plane before but i know its different but i think the phantom is good to practice i wont go very high until i learn to use the controlers

Get the Syma X8C. It is the same size as the Phantom, cost around $100. If you can fly and control the Syma comfortably, the Phantom will be a piece of cake. I have a Syma and a P3A and I fly the Syma a lot just for fun. It's a tough hombre too, I flew mine into a tree full speed ahead, it just feel out of the tree, ready to go again, no damage. Try that with a P3A and you'll be replacing a $500 camera at the least.

well i did fly a rc plane before but i know its different but i think the phantom is good to practice i wont go very high until i learn to use the controlers
People think it's best to not go high until they learn but that's how you end up crashing into a tree, height is your friend while learning.

Get the Syma X8C. It is the same size as the Phantom, cost around $100. If you can fly and control the Syma comfortably, the Phantom will be a piece of cake. I have a Syma and a P3A and I fly the Syma a lot just for fun. It's a tough hombre too, I flew mine into a tree full speed ahead, it just feel out of the tree, ready to go again, no damage. Try that with a P3A and you'll be replacing a $500 camera at the least.

The x8c is dangerous to fly

im going to try that one then once i get good at it ill go for a better one thx all for the response

The x8c is dangerous because it only has 100 meter range and no failsafe so if you lose signal you have 600grams dropping out of the sky. Also the motors are brushed so if one goes out again you have nearly a pound and a half dropping from the sky. The x5c is light as a feather and if it loses a motor it is no big deal. I found a video by Quadcopter101 that says it best, skip to 3:40 if you want to hear what he says about the X8c and beginners.

The x8c is dangerous because it only has 100 meter range and no failsafe so if you lose signal you have 600grams dropping out of the sky. Also the motors are brushed so if one goes out again you have nearly a pound and a half dropping from the sky. The x5c is light as a feather and if it loses a motor it is no big deal. I found a video by Quadcopter101 that says it best, skip to 3:40 if you want to hear what he says about the X8c and beginners.

Any RC aircraft or UAV is only as safe as its operator. I've been flying RC for over 30 years and have never caused an injury or any property damage (other than to my own aircraft). The X8C was a good fit for me, but I'm careful and follow the rules. The X8C is a close range, keep a close eye on it quad to learn the basics on, then you can graduate to bigger and better. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik