Thinking about returning my P3P

Reaction score
With my tablet (IPAD) in the daytime you cannot even see it and without goggles the P3P is useless. Any ideas on a fix befoer I sell

I just bought an iPad Air 2 for my P3. If you watch the YouTube videos on the Air 2 it actually has a laminate in the screen to help with the reflection. It really isn't that bad but Im still going to get a sun shade for the iPad.

I have a sunshade and the reflection is still like looking in a mirror

I have that sunshade. It works. The one I got was for the ipad mini. It's too big by 1/2 inch on each side but it works. All devices are going to have sun glare. Try to fly under a tree for shade or put up with it. The final result is what is important, the video. Video quality has been excellent.

Every device is going to have sun glare to one degree or another, as mentioned fly from the shade if possible, get a anti-glare screen protector for use with the hood. I use the iPad mini 2 and with both the anti-glare and hood it's OK. You can also just turn your back to the sun, this bird is real easy to fly FPV, much easier than my P2.

EZ%20UP%20TENT%2010X10.jpg

My 10 dollar 5 sided gator board and gaffer tape fix and it works great its like you are inside the house
I put a slit in the left side so I can slide the ipad in and cut a small hole on the right to plug it in

Last edited:
Reactions: Ideager
For the P2V, P2V+, or FC40... consider another option that will be on the market in a few months.

Set in your car or under a shade tree.
could you not just attach your V+ repeater to any copter send it up 70 ft and then fly your vision as depicted? get you the line of sight you need and already have all you need but a second birdo_O

could you not just attach your V+ repeater to any copter send it up..... get you the line of sight you need and already have all you need but a second birdo_O

The P3 or Inspire 1 can't come close to flying into places were a P2V+ two-drone solution can go.

To set comfortably in your car or under a shade tree, you will need two repeaters:
  • DJI 2.4ghz WiFi Repeater
  • REDbird 5.8ghz RC Repeater (this is a new product)

Both repeaters are the same size small box. Mount them on a camera tripod and set in your car or under a shade tree.
Or, send up a second bird to carry the two repeaters. Then you can fly at ground level all the way out to fringe distances. No more being hundreds of feet up to get to your max distance.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Magnetic or Hook one would you recommend for IPAd mini 3?

I am using the magnetic PatHat air. Some are concerned about the magnetic interference with the remote controller and bought the PatHat Hybrid. I have not encountered any issue so far. It's your choice.

I am using the magnetic PatHat air. Some are concerned about the magnetic interference with the remote controller and bought the PatHat Hybrid. I have not encountered any issue so far. It's your choice.
I think ill try the one you have, not real keen on putting Velcro on my ipad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj