Thinking about it.

To take full advantage of the new modes you will need a ipad with cellular or the wifi with an add-on external gps unit.....so better if going cellular, or grab an android tablet like many other satisfied pilots....choice is gonna really boil down to preferred platform.....as there are many ipad users currently suffering lag and heat issues, not all but a number of them. Read around the forum and you'll discover it boils down platform preference as to which to use.
What new modes do you need an external gps, not with the P3A. I use an ipad mini2 wifi and I have used all the new modes with no issues. We talking apples and apples here?

I use my iPad Air and it works perfectly. But I already had that tablet. If I were buying a new one now specifically for the the P3, I would get an iPad mini. The air fits, but it's just a bit too big and heavy to be used easily. The mini would be the perfect balance of screen size, weight and physical dimensions.

Goofy - you're only need gps to set a new rth location or to use follow me modes. I just switch to my iPhone 6 for those missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4