Thinking about it.

Reaction score
So I want to get into the drones and I'm pretty sure I would like to get a P3A. I've been reading a lot of people having issues with the live video feed and the apps. I would like to get a tablet to view on a nice screen but which one is the best at handling the live video feed? Apple mini 3? Nvidia Shield? Is apple OS just better than Android?

I just joined and realized that I probably should not post here. Sorry. So why the iPad air 2? Is it more powerful at video? It's not to big for the holder?

The screen is actually big so its easy for take any video or photo.
There's no lag on video.
The holder is fit with ipad air without chasing
I've been using ipad air 2 and really like it

I recently bought my first drone P3a! I'm a complete newbie and I'm super impressed with the capability of the Phantom 3. I started out using my IPhone 5s which worked perfectly but needed a bigger screen. So I went and bought the Acer Iconia Tab 8 which has great specs and was quick but I saw a huge difference in live feed quality and when taking a pictures the screen would have a 5 Sec lag/delay! Took it back and bought an IPad Mini 2 wifi. I feel that apple platform and app is better developed.
Just my experience!

I recently bought my first drone P3a! I'm a complete newbie and I'm super impressed with the capability of the Phantom 3. I started out using my IPhone 5s which worked perfectly but needed a bigger screen. So I went and bought the Acer Iconia Tab 8 which has great specs and was quick but I saw a huge difference in live feed quality and when taking a pictures the screen would have a 5 Sec lag/delay! Took it back and bought an IPad Mini 2 wifi. I feel that apple platform and app is better developed.
Just my experience!
Haha that' right. If you want bigger just use ipad air....

Can I ask..?? I was thinking the same about getting am iPad mini 2 just for this. Does it matter. Wifi. Or cellular? Do I need an Internet connection while in flight? I do have the ability to make a hotspot from my phone. So guess I'm just looking for input from those with experience.

Thanks in advance!!!

Don't quote me on this but I don't think you need cellular. The iPad is connected via wire to there lightbridge technology. I think all you need is the WiFi and gps. I hope this is right. Anyone?

Can I ask..?? I was thinking the same about getting am iPad mini 2 just for this. Does it matter. Wifi. Or cellular? Do I need an Internet connection while in flight? I do have the ability to make a hotspot from my phone. So guess I'm just looking for input from those with experience.

Thanks in advance!!!
To take full advantage of the new modes you will need a ipad with cellular or the wifi with an add-on external gps unit.....so better if going cellular, or grab an android tablet like many other satisfied pilots....choice is gonna really boil down to preferred platform.....as there are many ipad users currently suffering lag and heat issues, not all but a number of them. Read around the forum and you'll discover it boils down platform preference as to which to use.

So if you don't want to pay monthly should use the gps unit I guess. What is this gps unit called and how much?

iPad Air 2 all the way. I am an android fan but sometime you just have to go with what works. I have tried a note 4 and Samsung galaxy tab s but experienced far too much lag. I find the air 2 has next to no delay in the video feed

I agree with brew18. The very same opinion here.
Like android better personaly, but IOs works better here.

Reactions: td619
So if you don't want to pay monthly should use the gps unit I guess.
You don't need to pay a monthly fee in order to use the GPS on a cellular iPad model. GPS will still work even if you don't activate the cell service. While these external GPS receivers will add GPS to a Wi-Fi only iPad, you won't save much money (if any) and it'll be more of a hassle to setup the GPS receiver and carry it with you.

Just my experience!

Same thing here. Bought a mini 2 + cellular after returning a tab 4! Don't go cheap! Get a decent tablet/iPad

Reactions: td619
I just entered the drone world with the P3A and iPad mini 2 wifi. The combination has worked flawlessly in the 55 flights I have made so far, only issue was when I got too close to a cell tower (couldn't see it behind the trees) lost signal but hit the left stick to gain altitude and all was ok. Got the ipad on ebay for $230 refurbished.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4