Thinking about getting another Gopro camera...Questions

Reaction score
I bought a gopro Hero 3 white camera from a pawn shop a couple of years ago with separate touch screen and waterproof housing for $60. Well worth the price. I have it on a gimbal on one of my P1s. I do use the camera for other things but I'm tired of taking it off the quad for another quick use.. Now they have the session which can be had for $199 verses the $399 it started with. The gopro white fits my phantom brackets and gimbals without the lcd screen of course. It's a decent camera but not as advanced as later models. The session I'm sure will not work on my gimbals and that's not a big deal. I don't need the latest and greatest but I want versatility . I would like to use the accessories I already have. Mounts etc. Will the session use the gopro app I have on smart phone and tablet? I just need a little direction on what would be a smart buy for me. I normally buy from Best Buy and have a $7500 credit limit...not that I would use that. I got a letter from them about a month ago saying that since I have not used them for awhile, they may close my account. I owe them nothing at this point. What a crock. I figure this might be a good time to get another camera and keep my account active. Suggestions welcome. I like the smaller size of the session but I also like having the lcd screen on the white edition for some things. ...like watching the video after the recording. I know they have some new models that have a lcd screen built on. That would not fit my applications I don't think.. Will my lcd screen work on Gopro silver and Black editions?

Last edited:
The session uses the same mounts as all the other GoPro, though you won't be able to use it in a gimbal. All GoPro use the same app too.
The LCD screen will work on all the hero 3 GoPro, and the GoPro hero 4 black. The silver has a built in LCD screen.
Why wouldn't the silver work for your application? It has a built in screen and you don't need to have the big bulky LCD backpack on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The session uses the same mounts as all the other GoPro, though you won't be able to use it in a gimbal. All GoPro use the same app too.
The LCD screen will work on all the hero 3 GoPro, and the GoPro hero 4 black. The silver has a built in LCD screen.
Why wouldn't the silver work for your application? It has a built in screen and you don't need to have the big bulky LCD backpack on the back.

Is the silver with screen the same dimensions as the white without lcd screen. It would have to fit into the same gimbal mounts.

Is the silver with screen the same dimensions as the white without lcd screen. It would have to fit into the same gimbal mounts.

Yes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4