Think I can use alternate address?

Reaction score
I will admit, I plan to register Monday. I have no real fear of bad things coming my way, I fly pretty responsibly. However, I do have a second address, its seasonal, but legally mine. I am wondering if, to avoid any chance of "hate" coming my way should this list be made super easy to access by name search, maybe I should register my address at this other property...although my cc bills come to my main address...i could simply change one of the billing addresses today...so when I register with that card...it all jibes.

would love some thoughts...

I would not know why if it is legally yours & you pay taxes on it.

Unless it asks for primary address, you should be ok but you can call them or email. They should respond.

I think the "hate" your talking about is over reaction and not based on any facts. Think about it, you can go online and find out where someone lives easy. Most cities seem to have public property records that you can look up online. Do you really think that because you own a uav that people will seek you out for some form of retribution or targeted attack?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
You can use mine if you want
1313 mockingbird lane
Mockingbird Hights CA ;)

I think the "hate" your talking about is over reaction and not based on any facts. Think about it, you can go online and find out where someone lives easy. Most cities seem to have public property records that you can look up online. Do you really think that because you own a uav that people will seek you out for some form of retribution or targeted attack?

No, I don't. I was just looking to see if anyone had knowledge about using one address or another. No biggie, haters gonna hate. But guess what, here in new york, a local paper released an entire list of handgun owners and their addresses after Sandy hook. Just saying, its not necessarily about someone looking me up, it's about this list of uav owners being released widespread, such as the local paper did.
If that happens, ill be glad I chose my backwoods 2nd property to use as my address.

Reactions: NEair
Saunter down to your local USPS, and get a PO box.

Problem solved.

You're welcome.

You're worried about what? Someone coming to your house and messing it up? Burning it down? Shooting you?

..................................And you don't want to pay for a PO box.
CalvinBlink2.gif

Why register on the very first day? If more news breaks on how this registry could be used against people then you are up a creek.

I think you have to provide a physical address (didn't I read that?), so a PO box won't be accepted.
And I don't see any problem using a secondary address. Especially if it is a summer or vacation home - isn't that where you do the majority of your flying (wink wink) - while on vacation?

But all this "hate" that has caused grown men on this list to spend hours discussing their fears...is just silly, IMO.
There are plenty of commercial drone operators now across the nation advertising their services, complete with bios on their websites, including addresses and phone numbers. Haven't heard of a single one that has been firebombed or had their families taken hostage by the Drone Haters.

Quite a few YouTube videos of drone flights where the pilot either uses his/her real name and location - have any of them been targeted by the Drone Haters?

Haven't even heard of a drone vendor's brick and mortar store being vandalized by these nefarious and dangerous Drone Haters!

But I guess come tomorrow morning, these Drone Haters are all going to be armed with pitchforks and hacking knowledge, putting all of our lives at risk...

UAS Registration Q&A
Q28. What information will I be required to provide on the FAA UAS Registration website?

A. You must provide your complete name, physical address, mailing address, and an email address. The email address will be used as your login ID when you set up your account.

So what does one do when one does not have a physical address?

There are people who simply do not have one.

So what does one do when one does not have a physical address?

There are people who simply do not have one.
I don't know of any homeless people who are also drone owners. I'll have to pay more attention to what is in those shopping carts some push around with all their worldly belongings.
;)

I don't know of any homeless people who are also drone owners. I'll have to pay more attention to what is in those shopping carts some push around with all their worldly belongings.
;)

Ever hear of people who travel full time when they retire?

Ever hear of people who travel full time when they retire?
Like in their RV?
That is registered to a physical address in the state that issued the plates?
I would imagine the handful of retired vagabonds who own a drone would use that same address.

Like in their RV?
That is registered to a physical address in the state that issued the plates?
I would imagine the handful of retired vagabonds who own a drone would use that same address.

Like, registered to a PO box number.

Like, registered to a PO box number.
You could be right in some states.
In both states I have lived, property taxes are assessed by the county of residence, and a physical address is required.
My Uncle and Aunt spent several years traveling in their RV, but everything was tied to their daughter's address in Utah.

Do you think there are enough RV'ers with drones and no physical address, or access to a family member's address, for this to actually be a problem?
I can't imagine that a work around wouldn't be possible.

You could be right in some states.
In both states I have lived, property taxes are assessed by the county of residence, and a physical address is required.
My Uncle and Aunt spent several years traveling in their RV, but everything was tied to their daughter's address in Utah.

Do you think there are enough RV'ers with drones and no physical address, or access to a family member's address, for this to actually be a problem?
I can't imagine that a work around wouldn't be possible.

If you don't own property, you don't have a physical address.

My parents spent about 10 years rambling across the country with no address, just a PO box.

My guess is the registration won't reject a PO box. It would blindly accept anything a drunk monkey types in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl