Think I bought the wrong monitor for FPV

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm new at FPV and have been learning what I can by reading all the posts... I have a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse... I bought the DJI hub and transmitter (and mini iOSD) but I haven't gotten the monitor yet. Just the other day I placed an order for the Black Pearl 7" with SMA connections as I have the IBCrazy 5.8 GHz Bluebeam and the IBCrazy 5.8GHz 12.5dbic Helical Black Cannon antennas and this way I figured I wouldn't need any adapters for the antennas.

I'm reading other posts on here where that setup won't work because of the channel restrictions of the SMA version of that monitor...

I should be receiving the monitor early next week and I'm starting to think that I'll have to send it right back... Can anyone tell me if this setup will work and if not - what is the best monitor/receiver that will work with the DJI-5.8VTX?

Thank you for reading!

Jim

If you already have the DJI Downlink 5.8Ghz Transmitter, I would recommend to buy the DJI Downlink 5.8Ghz receiver and a screen on the side. Then it's only a matter of connecting the receiver to the screen. You'll be sure that DJI Transmitter and receiver are compatible.
If you want a screen with integrated receiver you should check the frequencies of the DJI Transmitter and make sure you buy a screen that has at least one matching frequency.

Laurent

Thank you for the reply. Now that I've actually looked at the frequencies I realize that I need a different receiver. The one that is on it's way will not work.... I should have asked the question here before purchasing... now FPV is at least another week away!

Thanks again.

jburnard said:
Thank you for the reply. Now that I've actually looked at the frequencies I realize that I need a different receiver. The one that is on it's way will not work.... I should have asked the question here before purchasing... now FPV is at least another week away!

Thanks again.

Which version of the Black Pearl did you buy? I know there are at least 2 versions: 8 channels and 32 channels (4 bands). I have the same transmitter setup as you with the DJI AVL58 and the Hub and iOSD mini. Initially I had trouble getting a good signal until I switched bands and matched the frequencies properly. But now it works.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12770

But if you have the single band, 8 channel version of the BP you might be outta luck.

And by the way, I have the adapters on my all of my antennas and it isn't really an issue.

gavinski said:
jburnard said:

Thanks again.

Which version of the Black Pearl did you buy? I know there are at least 2 versions: 8 channels and 32 channels (4 bands). I have the same transmitter setup as you with the DJI AVL58 and the Hub and iOSD mini. Initially I had trouble getting a good signal until I switched bands and matched the frequencies properly. But now it works.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12770

But if you have the single band, 8 channel version of the BP you might be outta luck.

And by the way, I have the adapters on my all of my antennas and it isn't really an issue.

Thanks for your note. I'm pretty much SOL with the one I ordered... it's the single band one. The guy I was talking to said I should get that one to avoid the antenna adapters... so the antennas will fit but the bands don't match up :eek:

I'm just going to send it back and get the 32 channel one. Unfortunately it's just going to take a little longer. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks again for your reply!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj