Think before posting

Reaction score
Ok this is a small thing but I think worth mentioning. Let's say a member asks a question. He gets two different answers. Now maybe a third person comes in and says YEAH, THATS THE CORRECT WAY TO DO IT. Who is he talking to? I see so much confusion with some of the posts. You need to address a particular question with your answer. Now you can do the quote thing but at times a person will quote two different answers in his post and not specify which is correct. I also see that some responses seem to have nothing to do with the original question. That's no help. I would rather have no response than incorrect information which there is plenty of here. I feel our job here is to offer correct information here and not to just get your post count higher. If you don't know the correct answer, be silent. I pass many posts because I am not 100 % sure. If you are not sure, say so. Many new pilots are relying on correct answers. They may assume that's what they are getting. Many will just repeat what they have read which very well could be incorrect. I would not want someone to lose their quad because I wanted to make a guess. I won't even get into the local buttwad and his posts at this time.

Monte55 said:
Ok this is a small thing but I think worth mentioning. Let's say a member asks a question. He gets two different answers. Now maybe a third person comes in and says YEAH, THATS THE CORRECT WAY TO DO IT. Who is he talking to? I see so much confusion with some of the posts. You need to address a particular question with your answer. Now you can do the quote thing but at times a person will quote two different answers in his post and not specify which is correct. I also see that some responses seem to have nothing to do with the original question. That's no help. I would rather have no response than incorrect information which there is plenty of here. I feel our job here is to offer correct information here and not to just get your post count higher. If you don't know the correct answer, be silent. I pass many posts because I am not 100 % sure. If you are not sure, say so. Many new pilots are relying on correct answers. They may assume that's what they are getting. Many will just repeat what they have read which very well could be incorrect. I would not want someone to lose their quad because I wanted to make a guess. I won't even get into the local buttwad and his posts at this time.

Aw, c'mon man. It's Saturday, a little slow on here, I'm still waiting for my new toy to arrive. Go for it. :mrgreen:

I do agree with your post though. I'm new to quads but not RC. The sheer amount of technical info involved can be daunting and the manual can be confusing. I've been doing a lot of reading and have seen conflicting info. For me, I just keep reading and usually find there is consensus eventually. At this point, I can see this place being a very valuable tool.

So now, go for it. :cool:

It is a place to get great info. The problem is figuring out what is correct and what is not. I have been flying rc since 1989. Then I built my planes from sticks. Scale mostly after the arf trainers. I still have them. Today is a different world. Ready to fly units and people, because of what is advertised, don't bother to learn. Charge battery and go. If you notice, most new to forums with problems are new to flying and are asking questions after the crash or mishap.

I have noticed a lot of that in my short time here. Wrong time to ask for sure.

I too started with a trainer, Falcon 56, early 70's. :roll: Built from the kit. It sure hurt the first time it crashed. Never let your brother fly your RC plane. First time at the field I let someone who knew how to fly check it over and fly it to make sure it was trimmed right and everything was good to go. They did the take off and landings until I was comfortable. Still have a few boats I used to race. Fun times. Can't wait to get the Phantom.

As much as I like flying my Phantom, building and flying a scale aircraft is so much more rewarding to me.
spending maybe two months hunched over building a beautiful aircraft is so much better than taking something out of box and fly it. It's something to be proud of. Some just don't get that.

Welcome to the forum! And, I'm talking to Marlin009!

Thanks! :cool:

Monte55 said:

I agree. And, I've probably been guilty of some of that.

I just wish some of the new pilots would take the time to read the User Manual front-to-back 5 or 6 times and then practice flying basic maneuvers for a couple hours before coming in here to ask questions. :?

I've seen some newbies hurry to rush in here and ask questions like "What do those 2 switches at the top do?" and "How do I fly in Naza mode?" and so forth. 99% of everything you need to learn about your new Phantom is well explained in the manual or by watching basic tutorials on YouTube (there are hundreds to watch).

I just feel like it's a big waste of a lot of peoples' time in here to "spoon feed" every excited newbie and their oft-repeated questions. Flying a Phantom is an adult hobby and it's time to put on the big boy pants and act like an inquisitive, responsible adult who wants to take flying this machine seriously. Who else agrees with me? :oops:

Responsible adult? ****, I'm out. My wife says I'm 12. :(

TimmyG94 said:
I just feel like it's a big waste of a lot of peoples' time in here to "spoon feed" every excited newbie and their oft-repeated questions. Flying a Phantom is an adult hobby and it's time to put on the big boy pants and act like an inquisitive, responsible adult who wants to take flying this machine seriously. Who else agrees with me? :oops:

You're not forced to read or respond so put your spoon away.

My 10 & 12 year olds enjoy Phantom flight every bit as much as any adult I've met.

Finally something affordable I can use to teach them how to fly any r/c aircraft as the controls are very similar to fixed wing flight with the added benefit of just letting go of the sticks when required and then resume flight once the wits are gathered.

Soon they will graduate to fixed-wing where [real] piloting skills are required.

Do you think I agree with you?

N017RW said:
TimmyG94 said:

My 10 & 12 year olds enjoy Phantom flight every bit as much as any adult I've met.

Finally something affordable I can use to teach them how to fly any r/c aircraft as the controls are very similar to fixed wing flight with the added bebefit of just letting go of the sticks when required and then resume flight once the wits are gathered.

Soon they will graduate to fixed-wing where [real] piloting skills are required.

Have them graduate to heli's :) I have to say those where the most challenging things I have ever flown (never flew a jet though...I can't imagine that). I sold the last of my heli's recently because I couldn't put the time in required to remain proficient.

Phantoms certainly open the door for more people to get into flying RC's... That's good and bad I suppose...

I also agree with your statement about not having to answer a question if it annoys you! As some of you may recall... I got into a heated debate with a newer member who not only answered a question that annoyed them... But proceeded to tear the person down in the process... No need for that,

Yes.. People should read the manual... Yes people should take these things seriously (if for no other reason than they aren't cheap)... But we don't have to actively discourage people from asking questions... If it's in the manual... Gently point them to the manual, and if you're in a real generous mood..maybe the page.

Now... I gotta go watch a team with a losing record play in an NFL playoff game :(

Buckaye said:
Yes.. People should read the manual... Yes people should take these things seriously (if for no other reason than they aren't cheap)... But we don't have to actively discourage people from asking questions... If it's in the manual... Gently point them to the manual, and if you're in a real generous mood..maybe the page.

Now... I gotta go watch a team with a losing record play in an NFL playoff game :(

LOL, between answering newbie questions and watching the Panthers in the playoffs ..... I don't envy you one bit !! :D

Buckaye said:
N017RW said:
TimmyG94 said:

Finally something affordable I can use to teach them how to fly any r/c aircraft as the controls are very similar to fixed wing flight with the added bebefit of just letting go of the sticks when required and then resume flight once the wits are gathered.

Have them graduate to heli's :) I have to say those where the most challenging things I have ever flown (never flew a jet though...I can't imagine that). I sold the last of my heli's recently because I couldn't put the time in required to remain proficient.

Phantoms certainly open the door for more people to get into flying RC's... That's good and bad I suppose...

I also agree with your statement about not having to answer a question if it annoys you! As some of you may recall... I got into a heated debate with a newer member who not only answered a question that annoyed them... But proceeded to tear the person down in the process... No need for that,

Actually I [too] traded all my CP Heli stuff (450-500's) for multi-rotor stuff.

I got tired of all the (re)building, etc.

They begged to fly one but of course that wasn't going to happen.

Now when they say "Dad, let me try" I'm only too happy to teach them.

N017RW said:
Buckaye said:

Actually I [too] traded all my CP Heli stuff (450-500's) for multi-rotor stuff.

I got tired of all the (re)building, etc.

They begged to fly one but of course that wasn't going to happen.

Now when they say "Dad, let me try" I'm only too happy to teach them.

The first time I had to repair my 600 from what should have been a small error on my part that ended up costing 275.00... I was like, either I need to fly more or get out..l then I started looking into the phantom :) just right... I can fly safe if I don't have a lot of practice time..l and get fancier if I feel like I have enough stick time!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik