Things people say & ask you while flying your phantom .

Re: Things people say & ask you while flying your phantom .

sergekouper said:
Skydronik said:
Some others not so common, asked by the same person:

- are you the owner of the flying dvice?
- may you please land it now?
- may I see your Id sir?
- have you any authorization for flying this on public space ?

ouch! [emoji15]

Was this person driving a black and white car, with blue and red lights on the roof?
Yeap. Cars are not black n white here, but certainly had ligths on top. And unfortunately was not in Mianmar ... [emoji1]

Skydronik, where were you? What was the outcome?

fastsmiles said:
Can you watch girls with it? (Young guys))
That's awesome. Can you take my picture? (Young girls)

I tell the young single guys... These drones are cooler than a flashy sports car or a cute puppy . Get on it :)

PS: Thanks Gary for sending the replacement inertia cover Al ,

Skydronik said:
sergekouper said:
Skydronik said:
Some others not so common, asked by the same person:

- are you the owner of the flying dvice?
- may you please land it now?
- may I see your Id sir?
- have you any authorization for flying this on public space ?

ouch! [emoji15]

Was this person driving a black and white car, with blue and red lights on the roof?
Yeap. Cars are not black n white here, but certainly had lights on top. And unfortunately was not in Mianmar ... [emoji1]

Wow.. I'm glad people are not that way where I live.
I hope these things don't pick up a bad rep like pitbull dogs....

I went downtown to shoot video of the local college the other day, which is right next to the downtown police department. I walked up to two police officers that were obviously just starting their shift.

"I'm going to be taking pictures of the TCC campus with my little quadcopter. I won't be getting close to the building or flying around any people. I'm not going to get in trouble for that am I?" I held up the Vision + and smiled real big.

They just looked at each other and shrugged. "No, you won't get in any trouble," the first one said.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know what I was doing, in case you start getting calls about UFOs or something," I said still smiling.

"Oh, we'll get calls," they laughed and watched me take off. Looked over my shoulder at the screen and asked the usual questions, how much, how high, how far, etc...

Fort Worth cops are cool.

fastsmiles said:
Fort Worth cops are cool.

I imagine they're cool because you were cool. Nice work!

The best one I had was when a little kid asked me, "Can you fly it anywhere?" I told him, "It just depends why?" He said, "Can you fly over the sanitation poop tanks? I want to see what all the poop stirring looks like!!!!!" I laughed so hard and told
him, "No, it might scare the crap out of the workers

If anyone asks me if I spy on people, I calmly explain that I'm way to cautious to get close to Windows ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I once had an older man and woman walk by while I was flying in a local park and he said "We don't mind you flying that thing as long as you don't come look at us in our back yard." He was dead serious. That was all he said. No lead in. I bit my tongue and said nothing and just smiled. They walked away after about 30 seconds. Like I need his permission to fly. The guy was in his 70s so I should have wisecracked something like "Dude, don't worry, no one has any desire to look at you"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20