Thing I find with the Phantom?

Reaction score
I find low down, my Phantom drifts, but if I leave it, seems to drift in a rectangle like pattern, go high up seems more stable, less drifting? Is this common? I presume higher up, you're getting a better GPS signal so less drifting, but presume you still get drifting anyway as GPS is not perfect so may get drifting a little in a rectangle pattern?

tall_blacks said:
denodan said:
tall_blacks said:
hi are you from new zealand?

I am.

Have you been having trouble with your phantom? did you purchase from nz? if so where?

thanks

You cannot purchase them in NZ. I did have trouble with mine. So got a refund and had a new one through Ebay arrived Friday.

You cannot purchase them in NZ. I did have trouble with mine. So got a refund and had a new one through Ebay arrived Friday.[/quote]

i have tracked down a couple of nz outets, rc link in auckland and photohigher in wellington for around nz$950.

denodan said:
I find low down, my Phantom drifts, but if I leave it, seems to drift in a rectangle like pattern, go high up seems more stable, less drifting? Is this common? I presume higher up, you're getting a better GPS signal so less drifting, but presume you still get drifting anyway as GPS is not perfect so may get drifting a little in a rectangle pattern?

It's because the higher up your phantom is the less you will detect it drifting unless the drifting is severe. Is your control in atti mode? Top rights switch ? Or gps mode?

Atti mode and mural mode allows "drifting" :arrow:

Capodrone said:
denodan said:

It's because the higher up your phantom is the less you will detect it drifting unless the drifting is severe. Is your control in atti mode? Top rights switch ? Or gps mode?

Atti mode and mural mode allows "drifting" :arrow:

In GPS Mode

tall_blacks said:
You cannot purchase them in NZ. I did have trouble with mine. So got a refund and had a new one through Ebay arrived Friday.

[/quote] i have tracked down a couple of nz outets, rc link in auckland and photohigher in wellington for around nz$950.[/quote]

That is expensive. Got mine through Ebay $800 nz with Postage. Would not get one here, when I can save Over $150, your still going to have postage on top. Cheaper to buy off Ebay. There is one seller $699 US with free postage. Got mine from him is 5 days.

tvpopta said:
If you're low to the ground, there will be more turbulence. Wind acting funny around surface objects; higher up the wind will likely be more constant, though probably more powerful.

Is more stable when you get about 3 meters from the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl