Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Thing I find with the Phantom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by denodan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. denodan

I find low down, my Phantom drifts, but if I leave it, seems to drift in a rectangle like pattern, go high up seems more stable, less drifting? Is this common? I presume higher up, you're getting a better GPS signal so less drifting, but presume you still get drifting anyway as GPS is not perfect so may get drifting a little in a rectangle pattern?

2. tall_blacks

hi are you from new zealand?

3. denodan

I am.

4. tall_blacks

Have you been having trouble with your phantom? did you purchase from nz? if so where?

thanks

5. denodan

You cannot purchase them in NZ. I did have trouble with mine. So got a refund and had a new one through Ebay arrived Friday.

6. tall_blacks

You cannot purchase them in NZ. I did have trouble with mine. So got a refund and had a new one through Ebay arrived Friday.[/quote]

i have tracked down a couple of nz outets, rc link in auckland and photohigher in wellington for around nz$950.

7. Capodrone

It's because the higher up your phantom is the less you will detect it drifting unless the drifting is severe. Is your control in atti mode? Top rights switch ? Or gps mode?

Atti mode and mural mode allows "drifting" :arrow:

8. denodan

In GPS Mode

9. denodan

[/quote] i have tracked down a couple of nz outets, rc link in auckland and photohigher in wellington for around nz$950.[/quote]

That is expensive. Got mine through Ebay $800 nz with Postage. Would not get one here, when I can save Over $150, your still going to have postage on top. Cheaper to buy off Ebay. There is one seller $699 US with free postage. Got mine from him is 5 days.

10. tvpopta

If you're low to the ground, there will be more turbulence. Wind acting funny around surface objects; higher up the wind will likely be more constant, though probably more powerful.

11. denodan

Is more stable when you get about 3 meters from the ground.