Thimble Islands

Reaction score
Took this right after sunrise at the Thimble Islands off of Branford Ct.
The resolution looks much worse on this YouTube than my PC (believe they also cut the frame rate down to30).
Is there a better way to post videos here than using the Youtube upload?

Reactions: BA577
Wow! Really beautiful. I had no idea those islands existed in Connecticut.
As this hobby has driven me to explore interesting locations to film - I have found there are a lot more opportunities in Connecticut than I had first imagined. Am disappointed that they don't allow drones in state parks now, though.

Beautiful video.

Upload 4K video. I want to watch it on my big screen tv.

Very cool. It looks similar to videos I've posted of Greenwich, Stamford/ Darien. CT has lots of great places for filming.
Here's a Greenwich video I did in the spring with my P3s. Wish I had my P3pro back then, because I got kicked out of this park, and cannot go back. There's great parks in Stamford where they don't bother me. I have a few videos on my YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
Very cool. It looks similar to videos I've posted of Greenwich, Stamford/ Darien. CT has lots of great places for filming.
Here's a Greenwich video I did in the spring with my P3s. Wish I had my P3pro back then, because I got kicked out of this park, and cannot go back. There's great parks in Stamford where they don't bother me. I have a few videos on my YouTube.

Nice video - looks looks lots of drone opportunity further down the coast than I have tried so far. So why did Greenwich gie you hassle ?

Nice video - looks looks lots of drone opportunity further down the coast than I have tried so far. So why did Greenwich gie you hassle ?

I had flown there 5 times before that, and that time I had park official say it was illegal in Greenwich in all the parks. I asked him why, and his response was "because people could get hurt." I was like "you guys allow jet skis, but won't let a guy fly a drone over water, away from people?"

My favorite spot to fly is here
I've never been hassled, and people actually like it.

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
I had flown there 5 times before that, and that time I had park official say it was illegal in Greenwich in all the parks. I asked him why, and his response was "because people could get hurt." I was like "you guys allow jet skis, but won't let a guy fly a drone over water, away from people?"

My favorite spot to fly is here
I've never been hassled, and people actually like it.

Nice shots - good to know there are more drone friendly scenic spots around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl