These things are cool

Reaction score
flying my new to me Phantom 2 with fatshark goggles and flew it in a canyon today pretty far out of fatshark range, took the goggles off and not only couldn't see it but couldn't even hear it. Turned off my transmitter and about two minutes later I could hear it coming and next thing you know it is even auto landing!
Very impressive.

Reactions: Cyclone
Hi @tccraiger,
Welcome to the forum, and extended Phantom family. It's nice to greet you. Hope you stick around and enjoy the many benefits of the forum membership.
Yes, having our smart birds fly back, RTH for us or to a pre recorded home point is pretty effective and efficient use of present day RC technology. I can only imagine those times in the past, where this advantage wasn't available, and losing a precious and often expensive wayward model was inevitable , without a working GPS tracker to show us where it Is laying.

Definately practice using the available features on your particular model and become familiar with all of its wealth of potential useful parameters..

Good luck have fun.

Always fly safe and only happy Landing.

RedHotPoker

Glad all worked well. That's a good preflight check. Be sure you have enough satellites and get the home lock before take off. Crazy note. The older I get the better these birds look and for the other half I'd rather not say. Keep flying my friend.

thanks for the warm welcome guys; having fun flying this thing in manual mode as well. I have been flying rc helicopters for years and manual mode really makes her come alive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20