Thermal Imaging On the Cheap (P2V+ and Seek Thermal)

terrylowe said:
OK. Here is my experimental flight. My quad DID NOT like the extra weight of my phone. Using SEEK Thermal

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1bxhlPCuKg[/youtube]
:D
Still, very cool.
Thanks for posting!

MHL

OK.....don't laugh. Here is my setup. Had some extra double-sided tape and a zip tie left over. Only thing that is missing is duct tape!

Attachments

• IMG_2402-1.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 992
  • IMG_2404-1.jpg
    IMG_2404-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,248
Really innovative! Now how's the video? I see the counter weight, is everything balanced?

Tell more....

See the video a couple of posts further back. I need to back further away from the house to get a better overall shot. It did pick up our little dog running up the steps. It seemed to balance fairly well.

Wow! Considering what the Seek is in the world of thermal cameras, flying with a gimbal no less.

My next adventure...thanks for sharing.

One thing that I do NOT recommend. Don't put your phone near the compass like I did. It ended up landing a little harder than usual......

Also, I will probably just mount it on my gimbal guard and not put it on the gimbal. I'm thinking that I will mount it at about 45 degrees and then set the gopro at about 45 degrees before takeoff and not move the camera while in flight.

:D
Very cool using the gimbal Terrylowe. I don't think the v2+ gimbal would handle the weight. The guard mount is a good idea.

I would suggest you hand catch, especially with a phone onboard!

:? Now to find that perfect length cable.

MHL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj