There's gotta be a fix

Reaction score
Well, my P3P is all updated, calibrated and I'm using the 2.2 version of the GO app on a iPad air2. Power up while bird and controller sitting on kitchen table and I'm still getting the red "Lost Signal" and lose the live video feed. And then without touching anything it comes back. And without reason it's gone again. I always have control, props off as I'm inside, can take video and pics that is verified when reading the card, and signal strength for RC and HD is max bars. There has to be a reason this is happening and SOMEONE must have a fix for this problem. I've tried all the changes in settings that have been suggested but none seem to make a difference. The only thing that is encouraging for me is that there are others experiencing the same problem. Let's find a fix soon. Thanks guys.

Well, my P3P is all updated, calibrated and I'm using the 2.2 version of the GO app on a iPad air2. Power up while bird and controller sitting on kitchen table and I'm still getting the red "Lost Signal" and lose the live video feed. And then without touching anything it comes back. And without reason it's gone again. I always have control, props off as I'm inside, can take video and pics that is verified when reading the card, and signal strength for RC and HD is max bars. There has to be a reason this is happening and SOMEONE must have a fix for this problem. I've tried all the changes in settings that have been suggested but none seem to make a difference. The only thing that is encouraging for me is that there are others experiencing the same problem. Let's find a fix soon. Thanks guys.
Reformat the SD card and see if that helps-- Check the cable connections connecting the controller to the Ipad-- Try another Ipad cable
What version of the firmware is on the controller and on the Phantom? If you upgraded, you should have 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.4.1 on the Phantom.
The GO App will give you the versions installed.
I was having disconnects like you described on When I had 1.1.9 on the Phantom and 1.3.2 on the controller. It would connect and then disconnect after about 5 seconds.

Reformat the SD card and see if that helps-- Check the cable connections connecting the controller to the Ipad-- Try another Ipad cable
What version of the firmware is on the controller and on the Phantom? If you upgraded, you should have 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.4.1 on the Phantom.
The GO App will give you the versions installed.
I was having disconnects like you described on When I had 1.1.9 on the Phantom and 1.3.2 on the controller. It would connect and then disconnect after about 5 seconds.
I have 1.3.2 on RC and 2.4.1 on P3. Have tried different cords and new formatted cards. I believe it is s spyware problem since it comes and goes without touching anything. If it was a bad connection I would think giving things s wiggle would cause changes, but it doesn't. Also, can't you fly without s card in place?

I have 1.3.2 on RC and 2.4.1 on P3. Have tried different cords and new formatted cards. I believe it is s spyware problem since it comes and goes without touching anything. If it was a bad connection I would think giving things s wiggle would cause changes, but it doesn't. Also, can't you fly without s card in place?

You can fly without an SD card, but you will not have a picture.

Do you put your Device on airplane mode when flying? if you have wifi and internet connections on while flying this can cause you a lot of grief.

Also check the available channels before you fly to make sure you don't have a lot of noise on the channels. If you do, you can take the setting of Auto and manually select the channel that doesn't have a lot of activity on it.

Have you tried connecting in different areas?

I've got that on a few occasions when I had the P3P on my desk near a TV and a multi-monitor desktop setup.

Found out if I turn off the WIFI on my Samsung Note 4 and put it in airplane mode, then moved the P3P to the kitchen counter it connected with no problems. I then can bring the P3P back to the desktop for updating, setting camera, IMU calibration, etc with no problems whatsoever. I think with a wireless router, a wireless bridge, and the WIFI of the cell phone, and a tablet in close proximity confuses the connection in the P3P and by moving it away from all that "stuff" it works flawlessly. Amazingly, I got better IMU calibration numbers with it on my desk than on the kitchen counter which both are perfectly level. So the "stuff" doesn't seem to bother that calibration.

Was it working fine with the previous firmware?

Try:
Another device
Another SD card
Another cable
32 Ch hack
Lower the transmission rate to 4mbs (must be set to custom channel).

You need to delete the GO app from device, then use a file explorer and delete the DJI folder on your android device, and then re-install the GO app.

I'm having an issue very similar to this with my brand new P3A I received earlier this week. Since I took it out of box and it up I have very rarely been able to get any type of video signal even when the Phantom is directly in front of me, despite it having a good connection will full bars. I am using an iPad Mini 3. Everything else appears to be working perfectly.

While trying to figure out the problem I noticed that the feed would start working when I had the aircraft on but had the nose pointed at the sky. From there I figure maybe it was a loose cable or maybe there was so kind of calibration which made it think it was pointed the wrong way.

Since then I have tried:

Updating to the latest FW.
Making sure the ribbon cable ends are pushed in all the way.
Re-calibrating the IMU.
Re-calibrating the Gimbal.
Trying various channels (with 32ch method) in an open field.
Various MicroSD cards
An Android Device
Various Cables (for both iPad and Android)

One thing I have noticed today is if I rest the aircraft on the rear legs while it is in Camera Mode I get a perfectly good signal with no lag. However the minute I start moving it it quickly goes to no signal.

I'm about ready to order another one from Amazon and return this one to where I bought it from.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic