There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in town

Reaction score
Kopterworx is reporting a new Phantom coming in... some re-sellers are dropping prices on current stock... I hope DJI makes the motors, ESC's and props available for purchase to upgrade my P2V+!!! here is the post :

• New remote with build in battery and indicator and port for simulators
• New tilt control
• New throttle stick with lock mode for descending
• New motors, lighter and more power with less vibrations
• New props with higher pitch and tuned for less vibrations
• New better improved Compass

A%20Phantom%203.jpg

B%20Phantom%203.jpg

C%20Phantom%203.jpg

D%20Phantom%203.jpg

FA1Kxnfm

j3PMW0iz

R7px83lB

EsuzioN2

ngHNDdDK

zWrhQpBr

Re: There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in tow

DJI will obviously be enabling tilt control in the new software... I have a tilt lever installed and waiting... fingers crossed.

Yes it's nice but reading into it this sounds like some very small tweaks dressed up in marketing language.
Still a long way short of being a Phantom 3. This is a Phantom 2 and a bit.
http://dronetechreport.com/dji-phantom- ... -holidays/

The closest they come to any hard numbers that show what the improved bird will do that the existing one won't is ..
The new propeller adopts a 4.5 inch pitch, which when used with the 2312 motor can provide an extra 200g/axis of output thrust, giving you both power and flexibility. Furthermore, your Phantom’s flight time is not reduced, because of the increased aerodynamic performance and motor efficiency

There's nothing to say it flies longer, faster or more reliably.
No explanation of any improvement that can be expected from the new compass. Is it better - or just new?
Waiting to see detailed reviews but I suspect any real improvements won't be worth paying to "upgrade".
Still hanging out for a Phantom with a better camera.
That's the real upgrade that will make a difference to me.

The real upgrade that will make a difference to me would be an anti interference board for my P2V+ so i can record with out loosing sat 's never mind the upgrades fix the current models :twisted: .

Really ? Not enough for me to upgrade. If I can have channel 7 I'm happy. Who cares about a descent lock ? I never have a problem with transmitter battery , they last a long time.
Motor wise I have zero vibration problems , never had any motor problems.

Looks good to me. I wouldn't mind a new remote right away. As for the motors... well they don't last forever so I imagine I'll be replacing mine eventually. Same for the compass. I don't crash into bushes as much anymore and I've got lots of spare props so I don't think I'll go through my existing stock any time soon but they probably don't cost much. I can see eventually ending up with one of these bit by bit.

DrJoe said:
Kopterworx is reporting a new Phantom coming in... some re-sellers are dropping prices on current stock... I hope DJI makes the motors, ESC's and props available for purchase to upgrade my P2V+!!! here is the post :

• New remote with build in battery and indicator and port for simulators
built in rechargeable LiPo with front facing 4 LED level indicator...

• New tilt control
jog wheel mounted top left (bummer location)

• New throttle stick with lock mode for descending
Full down lock ... I would think that would be used for motor shutdown

• New motors, lighter and more power with less vibrations
New motors are NOT lighter... 55grams compared to original 52grams... not much difference

• New props with higher pitch and tuned for less vibrations
9450 props have been available for awhile now

• New better improved Compass
same compass... enclosed antistatic plastic housing

I'd love to check out the simulator feature, but don't want to buy a new Tx just for that. Too bad they couldn't design it to work with the existing Tx. The tilt control will be great... one less reason to take a hand off the the controls.
Will the new props work with the current motors?

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

I'm not really impressed if this is the "Phantom 3" everyone is anticipating.

The only feature that looks really useful to me is the gimbal tilt dial, but I heard DJI is upgrading the next firmware to incorporate this anyway? I can already buy the 9450 props on Amazon! Throttle lock for descend and simulator port are only for fresh noobs and pretty much useless for any Phantom pilot with some experience under his belt. A built-in LiPo battery in the controller is actually a downgrade -- now we have to spend more money on a pricier battery once it no longer holds a charge instead of easily replacing cheap AA rechargeable batteries like we can now. :(

DJI could've really innovated on the Phantom 3 with a 4K camera --- possible with a rudimentary 20X zoom feature. I'd really love to have 1080p video preview in the Vision app as well, but I realize that's an expensive upgrade. Having a real-time GPS tracker/flight data logger (w/optional 3G data sender) built-in should be standard practice by now. And of course, we'd all love a bigger battery to get 30 min. flight times, especially with the new Android app that allows unlimited distance in Ground Station.

The "drone industry" is following the same path as the desktop computer industry and cell phone industry before it --- increased competition is going to benefit consumers with many choices and will weed out the slow-movers like DJI in short order. I'm already bored of my Vision+ and looking to upgrade to a truly innovative multi-copter that will blow my socks off with it's features!

:mrgreen:

Kinda like apple , iphone 5, then 5s with a little bit more. Then you get the 6 with a lot more features. Seems like dji is copying Apple iPhone marketing.

Check out the new Walkera Scout x4....

Mori55 said:
Kinda like apple , iphone 5, then 5s with a little bit more. Then you get the 6 with a lot more features. Seems like dji is copying Apple iPhone marketing.

DJI seems to have the same mindset as Apple for sure --- charge high prices for frequent yet minimal upgrades.

Luckily, I'm not a "DJI Fan Boy" and will be switching to 3D Robotics or whichever company offers more features at the same price. DJI better learn to stop being arrogant like Apple and do some true innovating or face a quick extinction.

:D interesting.
Pass for me, I like my channel 7 on the back of the transmitter.
Upgrades are always welcome. Matter of opinion whether they are wanted. ;)

New motors
New props
New tilt control

Why all the negativity? Sounds like DJI listened to their customers and delivered....

Now, the next Phantom should have
A. Algorithm to handle loss of a motor
B. greater distance Ground Station
C. HD FPV
D. Swarm/multi-unit control
E. Collision avoidance
F. GPS Stalk antenna
G. Better camera/4K capabiltiy
H. INCLUDE a flytrex core or similar
I. Upgraded antennas ( ala FPVLR or Horizon
J. Gimbal protection
K. Polarized/ND filter availability
L. 4G LTE location enabled with SIM card

DrJoe said:
Why all the negativity? Sounds like DJI listened to their customers and delivered....

The negativity is because people had their hopes set too high and convinced themselves the Phantom 3 was just around the corner but this is only an incremental upgrade of the existing model.
I don't think some people appreciate what a breakthrough the Phantom 2 has been beyond what was previously available.
Prior to P2, flight times were 10 mins or less and there wasn't much with such out-of-the-box versatility.
The Phantom 2 was a huge leap forward and the next step is not going to have such huge advances in tech.
We are already near the limits of what batteries can deliver and that's the biggest obstacle to some people's wishes.
It might be possible to get 35+ mins with a bigger machine and large, slow revving props but it won't be such a nimble performer so won't please everyone.
DJI seem pretty well switched on to the market and are aware of the desire for a better camera.
It's on their development list - maybe for Phantom 3.
P3 will be great but it's probably not going to land this side of Christmas.
Have to be patient and squeeze more flying out of our P2s till then.

There's <almost> a new Phantom 2 Vision PLUS PLUS in town

I believe I would by another one if the below said is available in the phantom 3

Better camera with more options may be a 360 turn or zoom and hd fpv with better range

Longer distances and if the use the same frequency so that we can use are old mods

GPs issue resolved

More functionality in the app

Better battery for longer flying

And more safety options like Rth

MadMitch88 said:
And of course, we'd all love a bigger battery to get 30 min. flight times
saao said:
Better battery for longer flying
Hopes for more flight time are probably a bit unrealistic.
We are already at the sharp end of what physics and chemistry will allow.
The designers will have put a lot of effort into finding the sweet spot that gives the best combination of performance and endurance.
A bigger battery runs longer but at the cost of sluggish performance because the machine has to carry the extra weight for the whole flight.

DrJoe said:
New motors
New props
New tilt control

Now, the next Phantom should have
A. Algorithm to handle loss of a motor
B. greater distance Ground Station
C. HD FPV
D. Swarm/multi-unit control
E. Collision avoidance
F. GPS Stalk antenna
G. Better camera/4K capabiltiy
H. INCLUDE a flytrex core or similar
I. Upgraded antennas ( ala FPVLR or Horizon
J. Gimbal protection
K. Polarized/ND filter availability
L. 4G LTE location enabled with SIM card
I think your wish list is a little unrealistic , plus who could afford it ?
The props aren't new , I've been using them for awhile.
We already had channel 7 in the p2v. Its supposed to be on next update.
Have any of us really had any motor problems ? I think it just a ******** new model. I'll wait for the next one.

Mori55 said:
I think your wish list is a little unrealistic , plus who could afford it ?
The props aren't new , I've been using them for awhile.
We already had channel 7 in the p2v. Its supposed to be on next update.
Have any of us really had any motor problems ? I think it just a ******** new model. I'll wait for the next one.

Thanks, mori, i didnt know the props were out. Just ordered a set.

Of Course it's unrealistic! HD FPV systems alone are $1,200 for just the transmitter and receiver. They can't package all that at a competitive price

My point is this upgrade is really a P2.1V+.
it's not a bad little upgrade.
I just want tilt control, and it looks like its coming in a week

The rest of the stuff? It's all available now, some $$$$, some $.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20