There is no QUALITY ISSUES with the LED lights. It's just a different plastic. Look at images! TY.

I made a quick video just to show this a little more clear maybe.

This is about the longest I've spoken about a non-issue but I am getting a ton of PMs of people asking me about this.

IT'S NOT AN ISSUE.

Let's worry about things in life that have a legitimate reason to be concerned. This, my friends, is not one of them. I don't mind production variables as long as they don't effect quality and the plastic around the LEDs is not one of them. The not as easy to snap in batteries is a little bit more of one but still not a reason to be freaked out. @Marc Hufnagel , thank you for pointing out the different part numbers. That certainly speaks to the change. By the way, the lack of a uniform light just doesn't look as good rather than the brightness but I don't care about how the LEDs on the LEDs look.

Excuse the crudity of this video, I made it in a hurry just now for whomever.

We need to keep in mind this change is probably what we have going forward. So at some point , maybe sooner than later these 'brighter' batteries will be all there will be at retail and with new P4's. Just a thought for everyone.

wow every day a problem just get out of the hobby and no more problems for you

I can't figure out why people bother posting comments like this. It does nothing to move the discussion along. Not to mention in the OP first post he specifically states that this is not a problem and that he is just bringing it to the attention of people who fear it is a potential problem. If you feel compelled to post demeaning or derogatory/unhelpful comments, at least have the courtesy to fully read and understand the initial post.
On second thought... how about just not posting unless it is going to be helpful.

From the original post:
"It's ONLY A DIFFERENCE of material covering the LEDs. That's it, nothing more. End of story. Nothing more to talk about as it pertains to brightness."

We need to keep in mind this change is probably what we have going forward. So at some point , maybe sooner than later these 'brighter' batteries will be all there will be at retail and with new P4's. Just a thought for everyone.
I can tell you with assurity, at the moment the new P4 come with the "brighter" bats. I see that you used quotes when saying brighter which is appropriate because they LEDs are not actually brighter, the material over them is just different as I've pointed out in another thread.

I can tell you with assurity, at the moment the new P4 come with the "brighter" bats. I see that you used quotes when saying brighter which is appropriate because they LEDs are not actually brighter, the material over them is just different as I've pointed out in another thread.

Based on that - which outlet(s) have you confirmed the new stock at?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub