THERE IS NO IOS OR Android APP!

Like I said: Both IOS and Android APPs are weeks away:

View attachment 18173

You can clearly see the document doesn't look right. Android will be released shortly. DJI is working Day and night with apple to get the iOS app release ASAP.

You can clearly see the document doesn't look right. Android will be released shortly. DJI is working Day and night with apple to get the iOS app release ASAP.
Thank you for popping in here from time to time, Blade. I follow rcgroups as well, and try my best to relay what you and Ed say over there in here.

Just finish Chat with DJI, there are NO APPs to fly P3, will be weeks away

What a joke
That's weird. I downloaded the DJI Pilot App from Apple Store a few weeks ago, in anticipation for my P3. I don't have my P3 yet, but the app did load just not when I tried it on my iPhone6. Strange.....

Blade,
DJI rep is telling me to fly my phantom without the app. What would be the use of that. They also tell me it will be a week for the app. Kind of sucks when I bought a ipad mini 2 just to fly it. I want to make sure the phantom works, but I am afraid it will fly away and lose my phantom.

dji.jpg

Thank you for popping in here from time to time, Blade. I follow rcgroups as well, and try my best to relay what you and Ed say over there in here.

Thank you, appreciate the help

Yes your help over here is great and appreciated, you must feel like a very stretched man right now.

Is the app necessary for flying?
Doesn't the machine connect to GPS on its own and if necessary return to home on its own
Also doesn't the new controller have buttons to start recording from it?
I understand the convenience and desire to have the working app but I am questioning if it is necessary to just go up for a flight?

Reactions: BigPig
I don't believe it would be any different than flying a P2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My p3 doesnt even have its motors starting because of this app thing so not sure how one can recommend flying

Im sure the app will be paramount for upgrading the firmware on the unit and controller before flying. Dont have mine yet but i will not be flying until the app is available to carry out what im sure will be all the necessary pre flight procedures that should be done before safely flying. Could be wrong on this tho but thats just my gut thought. Seems they are plenty flying all ready tho but i wont be one of them.

What i dont get is why dji doesnt use their website to update their clients on the situation. Why does it go unofficial via external forums? That concerns me a little

What i dont get is why dji doesnt use their website to update their clients on the situation. Why does it go unofficial via external forums? That concerns me a little
Get used to it.

LOL, yes sadly this is very true. We all knew something would **** somewhere along the line, lets just hope its only the app. :rolleyes:

I can confirm that the DJI Pilot app, which is meant for the Inspire and not optimized for the P3, will work on the HTC M8 Android phone. I was able to connect and fly the P3. Everything worked fine. I was able to download the Pilot app for my IPAD Air, but it wouldn't connect to the P3. I was told by Tech support that the IOS app would be available in 1-2 days.

Patience folks. Even companies like Apple with history of launching highly anticipated products run into glitches at launch. There is a whole supply and distribution chain that is extremely complex. Stuff happens. I am sure App will be approved soon and not be delayed 4-5 weeks. And everyone will be making love to their Phantom day and night. Some will move to the next shinny gadget and others will actually realize the full potential of the Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20