THERE IS NO IOS OR Android APP!

this is for inspire not P3

The DJI Pilot app is a designed specifically for the DJI Inspire 1.

Yeah, they haven't updated the description yet and there is another update in the works. With that being said, Mohan, a forum member that got his hands on an early P3 Pro, has been flying the P3 Pro WITH THAT VERSION OF THE APP for over a week and posting very detailed results. Yeah, the official word is that the app gets released tomorrow but when you have someone who's been flying for a while now, that seems like pretty definitive proof that Android users can start flying today.

If anyone else already has their P3 and is using Android, feel free to chime in to confirm or reject that this is the case. We should have plenty of evidence popping up shortly that will get rid of these theories.

Just connected remote to the April 15 version and it seems to recognize the controller...had to enable USB debugging...also didn't realize there's a small fan in the remote which is audible. Will know soon enough...

Reactions: davemex
After firing up the app, had to go through a brief 'activation' which also made me sign into DJI account and defaulted to beginner mode, which clearly I needed. After 5 minute flight battery is sitting at 75%. Will go up again shortly...

Reactions: bbfpv
After firing up the app, had to go through a brief 'activation' which also made me sign into DJI account and defaulted to beginner mode, which clearly I needed. After 5 minute flight battery is sitting at 75%. Will go up again shortly...

And there we have it! The Android app does work, even if it hasn't been "officially" updated for the P3.

Do you mind letting us know which device you used it with and which version of Android you have? Thanks for reporting back!

Will be interesting to see the first Phantom 3 crash and burn while using an Inspire APP

Reactions: hot dog
Do you mind letting us know which device you used it with and which version of Android you have? Thanks for reporting back!

Certainly. Moto X. Had just finished upgrading it to Android 4.4.4 this morning. The small screen isn't the greatest but it'll definitely work until the iOS app gets here. :)

First flights went great. Pretty windy outside, but was able to easily get my bearings. Towards the end of the second flight I took it a little higher and when I brought it back down, for some reason it lost video feed but the remote continued to function. Despite wide open area and clear LOS, app still said 'disconnected' until I was maybe 30ft away. Maybe a fluke because for the rest of the time it was perfect!

Again I'm new to this but I was a bit surprised that the RTH function said it couldn't return to take-off point since I Was within 20m. Rather, RTH will just land it in place. That's a pretty wide margin of error, especially when you're close to water, but no worries...just corrected position and then reactivated.

Pulling the files off the SD card now..

Reactions: davemex
Will be interesting to see the first Phantom 3 crash and burn while using an Inspire APP

Indeed. Certainly not without risk. But with risk, comes reward. :)

Attachments

• DJI_0016.JPG
    DJI_0016.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 536
Reactions: Fplvert
Certainly. Moto X. Had just finished upgrading it to Android 4.4.4 this morning. The small screen isn't the greatest but it'll definitely work until the iOS app gets here. :)

First flights went great. Pretty windy outside, but was able to easily get my bearings. Towards the end of the second flight I took it a little higher and when I brought it back down, for some reason it lost video feed but the remote continued to function. Despite wide open area and clear LOS, app still said 'disconnected' until I was maybe 30ft away. Maybe a fluke because for the rest of the time it was perfect!

Again I'm new to this but I was a bit surprised that the RTH function said it couldn't return to take-off point since I Was within 20m. Rather, RTH will just land it in place. That's a pretty wide margin of error, especially when you're close to water, but no worries...just corrected position and then reactivated.

Pulling the files off the SD card now..

It's reasons like that that I only consider RTH an absolute emergency backup feature. Unless you're literally in the middle of a field, that kind of margin of error could easily put your bird on a roof, in a tree, or somewhere else it shouldn't be. I had my P2 V+ for 2 weeks before the P3 was announced and it went back to the store but during that time I never had the nerve to use RTH.

Hopefully that screen loss was indeed a fluke. I'm glad you mentioned it though. I will definitely keep the P3 well within visual control range tonight until I've shaken out any issues.

Like I said: Both IOS and Android APPs are weeks away:

Last edited:
Thought that was updated yesterday to Android 4/30/2015 and iOS 4-7 days. If they don't release the Android app today then I would start questioning.

Then why in the world would this letter go out to vendors dated 28th?

Then why in the world would this letter go out to vendors dated 28th?
Because yesterday was the 29th and they provided an update. This is a dynamic situation, nothing involving a new product launch is static. Accept the change. Don't worry, be happy!

Because yesterday was the 29th and they provided an update. This is a dynamic situation, nothing involving a new product launch is static. Accept the change. Don't worry, be happy!

I would like to see the updated (29th) letter to the vendors.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20