There Is In Fact An iPad SD Card Reader

When I'm camping and/or backpacking, cell service and having a laptop with isn't always an option. And last week the town we were camping outside of us horrible cell service - quite frustrating. So, editing on the iPad is nice to do when sitting around the fire at the end of a long day.

Can't even imagine waiting for the files to upload to a Dropbox then re-downloading them... [emoji53]

Reactions: acherman
Call the kettle black much? Haha

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I will delete/edit my posts not directly related to the purpose of this thread.
We dont use kettles we own jet boils.
You don't bother me bro, then again Im not the one stuck getting my files to my ipad either.

We dont use kettles we own jet boils.
You don't bother me bro, then again Im not the one stuck getting my files to my ipad either.

For ~$18.99, no one has to be stuck getting pics to there iPad, hence this post.
[emoji3][emoji106][emoji111]

Enjoy!
Mark.

Ok. Thanks be to God that I saw this thread. Was about to go out and buy a laptop that could run 1080P videos from my P3A. Went to Best Buy to snag the lightning SD adapter cable, easily imported a video I took of a waterfall yesterday. Beautiful! This was what I was wanting! So you guys highly recommend Pinnacle? Thinking about downloading it on my iPad Mini 2!

I was wondering about Pinnacle as well. iMovie seems to have its limitations.

I'm also battling with only having 16gb to play with. Anyone know if after I create a video I can simply push it to the cloud to free up space on my iPad...?

Mark.

I was wondering about Pinnacle as well. iMovie seems to have its limitations.

I'm also battling with only having 16gb to play with. Anyone know if after I create a video I can simply push it to the cloud to free up space on my iPad...?

Mark.

Hey Mark. Here's my first real attempt with Pinnacle. I love it so far. It is buggy. It freezes and completely cuts off during editing and playback at times, but it lost nothing. It saves as you drop everything in it (as you are building your movie).

Overall, I'm very impressed with just how robust the software is for $10.

Reactions: Joao Carlos
Very coo!!!

I upgraded to an iPad with 64 gb, so I can actually get something done. [emoji12]

Mark.

Good video, but I didnt see anything in the video that cant be done with imovie.

Reactions: Goldni
I'm glad I posted about the card reader, and that others are finding out about it.

I attempted to move some pics from my desktop using the card reader. Evidently, that's not possible. The iPad will only recognize the pic files if they were created by the device. That is to say that the files have to come directly from a camera [emoji53]. I even monkied with the file name and no dice. [emoji34]

Mark.

I'm glad I posted about the card reader, and that others are finding out about it.

I attempted to move some pics from my desktop using the card reader. Evidently, that's not possible. The iPad will only recognize the pic files if they were created by the device. That is to say that the files have to come directly from a camera [emoji53]. I even monkied with the file name and no dice. [emoji34]

Mark.
Mark, I was able to copy some old random photos from my PC to the SD card and the iPad imported them without issue.
Did you put your pictures from your desktop into the DCIM folder on the SD card?
That's where I put them and it worked well so maybe give that a try.

I believe the issue is I downloaded the photos from a file sharing site from a photographer I hired for an event.

I created the DCIM folder and it was a no go. I read that the pics had to be from the camera in order for the iPad to recognize them. I figure since I downloaded them is why I lost the original file markings...

Were you the original taker of the pictures you moved?

Mark.

I have the Lightning card reader, and could never get it to successfully transfer the 4K video files from the P3P micro SD card, even with an SD card adapter. It looks like it transfers, but the file won't play on the iPad to be viewed, so it defeated the purpose for me. Anyone had any success in transferring to and viewing the P3P 4K video files on the iPad Air2?

With the CCK, can you delete the files once you import them? Or I suppose you are forced to simply format the card in the bird itself each time you want to clear it....

Hello Apple lighting to sd card support lexar 64gb ?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453508965.331642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the cable does work with the iphone 6 .... make sure you have the iphone up to date on FW...

a month ago I went to BB to get one and the Apple guy said they dont make one. I tried to be polite about it but he was being a ****, mr know it all ,hot shot ,in front of the boss. When I was trying to tell him they do , he pretty much dismissed me. So I went and found it myself. Took it back to him and his boss and asked what this used for?
Boss gave me 15% off:D
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4