"The Wolf's Lair" Lochindorb, Highlands of Scotland.

Reaction score
Lads & Lassies,

Here is a wee video of the Wolf of Badenoch's castle in the middle of Lochindorb. This guy was a bit of a nutter. Alexander Stewart, Earl of Buchan laid waste to Elgin with a wee bit of rape and pilage. Dina fret tho he is long deed.

Cheers muckers

Last edited:
I'll reply to this thread with a drone example of his destruction of Elgin Cathedral when I return!

I'll reply to this thread with a drone example of his destruction of Elgin Cathedral when I return!
Aye lad,

Watch where ye post it. According to CAA Elgin is in a :-

"Military Aerodrome Traffic Zone, similar to civil Aerodrome Traffic Zones, typically protect military aerodromes in the same way."

Zone, cause oh lossie am thinkin. Dina get yersel inta trouble.

Am nae sure but a call tae the crabs will probably get ye permission.

Raggi

Lads & Lassies,

Here is a wee video of the Wolf of Badenoch's castle in the middle of Lochindorb. This guy was a bit of a nutter. Alexander Stewart, Earl of Buchan laid waste to Elgin with a wee bit of rape and pilage. Dina fret tho he is long deed.

Cheers muckers

It looks like I *just* missed the snow - and you - by a few days!

;)

It looks like I *just* missed the snow - and you - by a few days!

;)
Yer frae San Fran thats a fair range to be flyin from, and the ferst female ave seen on thae forum.
FYI jest in case ye dinna know, thats thae Findhorn river up Glenferness. Its ma fav river and ave been aboot a fair bit. A wee bit doon frae there is Randolph's Leap, ah'll be doin that soon am thinkin.
Yer footage oh the castle is Awesome. I luv yer run up tae it, disnae tak tae too long and then wollup, look whits bihind the wall, brilliant. Mine taks forever tae get there. twas only ma fourth flight and ah didnae ken whit ah wis doin.

Raggi

Reactions: Lauren
Aye lad,

Watch where ye post it. According to CAA Elgin is in a :-

"Military Aerodrome Traffic Zone, similar to civil Aerodrome Traffic Zones, typically protect military aerodromes in the same way."

Zone, cause oh lossie am thinkin. Dina get yersel inta trouble.

Am nae sure but a call tae the crabs will probably get ye permission.

Raggi

Could you link me to a website that notifies me of these no-fly zones. So far I have been using DJI geo stuff.

Yer frae San Fran thats a fair range to be flyin from, and the ferst female ave seen on thae forum.
FYI jest in case ye dinna know, thats thae Findhorn river up Glenferness. Its ma fav river and ave been aboot a fair bit. A wee bit doon frae there is Randolph's Leap, ah'll be doin that soon am thinkin.
Yer footage oh the castle is Awesome. I luv yer run up tae it, disnae tak tae too long and then wollup, look whits bihind the wall, brilliant. Mine taks forever tae get there. twas only ma fourth flight and ah didnae ken whit ah wis doin.

Raggi
I. LOVED. EVERY.WORD.OF.YOUR.REPLY!
That was awesome! I can hear Scotland in your typing.
So cool!

L ;)

You need to be careful flying the drone around Elgin. I am 20 minutes away from Elgin and even for filming a TV C we needed permission to shoot, and when we asked about using a drone to fly our Red camera we got denied permission and we where using someone with PFAW etc.

Andrew.

You need to be careful flying the drone around Elgin. I am 20 minutes away from Elgin and even for filming a TV C we needed permission to shoot, and when we asked about using a drone to fly our Red camera we got denied permission and we where using someone with PFAW etc.

Andrew.

Oh well looks like I will have to give using the drone in elgin a miss. How would you go about getting a non-commercial pass to fly in elgin?

What are the chances, I notice your from Keith! I live next to the distillery.

/Iain

I am out in Grange, house up for sale, in the process of relocating to Dundee as wife has taken up a new GP position. I love it here in Grange but time to move, makes it easier for me travel when filming and working on films etc. Cullen beach is good place to fly the drone. Some super nice places here. You could get permission for Elgin Cathedral, our problems is that the RED on a large drones comes in pretty heavy and that was the big issues, plus all the media at the time was negatively biasing drones.

We will be sitting the needed courses to get the PFAW to allow us to fly commercially as due to the difficulty and cost getting someone with PFAW to fly with a RED or Alexa camera i thought it better we did it ourselves.

Andrew.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4