"The Wind blew it Away!"

Reaction score
I must share this with everybody....

I found the following on the Facebook page of my Town, this morning.

" Has anybody seen my husband's drone, the wind blew it away..........." :D :D :D :D

Does it sound like they even read the manual?

The story ended on a good note. Some boys playing in the road found it a couple of km's down the road at the library. Perhaps the Phantom was on it's way to the library to get it's owner a manual.

May have lost sat signal..

I think he lost GPS signals and the quad went into ATTI mode, and he didn't know what was happening.
Wind was quite strong (about 15miles/h), but with GPS lock the wind can't just blow it away.

That's too funny

Maybe she was distracting him with her honey dews and he inadvertently had a finger on the right stick, or flipped a switch.
Then he told her to find it or leave, so she went to facebook.

Happy endings are good. :D

Think he would be interested in a tracking device? :lol:

UAV-Outlet said:
May have lost sat signal..

Simple equation...

a=max speed of aircraft
b=wind speed
c=aircraft

if a < b (c= buhbye !!!!) :D :D :D

-slinger

I just watched a video the other day where a guy was testing GPS with 25mph winds maybe. It was really strong steady wind plus strong gusts. The phantom maintained GPS area pretty good even though it was getting knocked around. I think something else happend here besides wind but glad it was recovered

Re: "The Wind blew it Away!"

Yep I flew in 20-25mph winds the other day and it was doable. Only was able to go 10-12 mph into the wind (but faster with ATTI of course)

I'm just saying... You may know the wind speed at ground level, but you most assuredly don't know the wind speed up over 100, 200 , 300 feet etc...

If your Phantom is capable of 34 MPH and the wind speed is 45 MPH... that might create a bit of an issue...

-slinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20