The Wild Southwest of the US

Reaction score
In December 2013 and April 2014 I made these two videos. They capture the wild and amazing nature of the Southwest of the US. Please note that all the footage from inside the National Parks was obtained legally. The drone ban came after that (October 2014).

Wild Utah From Above:
[vimeo]86347626[/vimeo]

Aerial Southwest:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYMSGIa7bZI[/youtube]

Thanks for watching!

awesome stuff. I go to Utah at least once a year and it's a real shame I can't fly in the NP area that is mostly desert and rock. Did you happen to fly in any areas that are still ok to fly in today? I live in Arizona currently.

Thanks for sharing the vid :cool:

Beautiful! Made me homesick for my home state. I grew up in NE Utah, and we spent weeks every summer exploring the southern part of the state. Truly an amazing part of the planet.

knuckles said:
awesome stuff. I go to Utah at least once a year and it's a real shame I can't fly in the NP area that is mostly desert and rock. Did you happen to fly in any areas that are still ok to fly in today? I live in Arizona currently.

Thanks for sharing the vid :cool:

Most of the footage in Aerial Southwest was shot outside of NPs so you can fly there with no problem. In Wild Utah From Above I flew in Arches NP and Canyonlands NP, which are now off-limits for drones. You can, however, obtain a $250 permit which allows you to fly in a NP. But... you'll need to have some good and valid arguments in order to convince them ;-)

GoodnNuff said:
Beautiful! Made me homesick for my home state. I grew up in NE Utah, and we spent weeks every summer exploring the southern part of the state. Truly an amazing part of the planet.

I'm actually honoured that I was able to feel you homesick :)

aerialshots said:
Please note that all the footage from inside the National Parks was obtained legally. The drone ban came after that (October 2014).

And all because someone had to fly their quad in downtown NYC running into skyscrapers. It's really to bad as they have a small impact on the environment.

what an amazing place.
Trying to fathom how huge it is and the aerial views made that happen.
Those rock formations are something I hope to see one day.
Thanks for sharing.
Angelo

rstekeur said:
And all because someone had to fly their quad in downtown NYC running into skyscrapers. It's really to bad as they have a small impact on the environment.
That's true! All because of some idiots who didn't know how to fly properly and with respect to the nature.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic