The wifi on my iPad (or any unit)

Reaction score
So I understand how this works...

The wifi on my iPad doesn't communicate with the bird at all?
I have read it can be put in "Airplane" mode.

I'm learning...lol.

Reactions: SHRED

That would be true on the standard, but not the advanced or pro.

I have the Advanced.

I figured since you're in the Pro/Adv forum, but some folks mention the wifi and APM setting only referencing "P3" without specifying so it's understandable to get confused between which P3 uses what. ;) Ie., one person says "log in to the P3's wifi signal..." and someone else says "P3's don't use wifi.." KWIM?

So I understand how this works...

I'm learning...lol.
Correct. Since you have a P3A, the wifi on your Air 2 does not communicate with the bird.

There could be a few reasons why some people choose to use airplane mode with their tablets or phones. Reduce the chance of interference, avoid getting calls or texts while flying, saving battery power, etc. I'm sure others can add to the list.

For me personally, I rarely use airplane mode but I do occasionally turn it on for battery savings. Others may always use airplane mode. It's just a personal choice based on your experiences. If it helps in the areas you fly, it's a good option to have. If it makes no difference in your area, don't bother with it. Try it both ways and decide for yourself.

Reactions: JoBe and SHRED

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan