The Wedge at Newport Beach, CA

Reaction score
Just got back from a nice holiday in Newport Beach California with some friends. Here's a video of an afternoon we spent at The Wedge- "A man-made freak of nature" according to the lifeguard. The rock jetty was put there by the Army Corp of Engineers in the 1930s to protect the harbor. This resulted in the creation of a serious shore break to which expert surfers flock.

Mid-flight, we discovered another Phantom flyer in the same area!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMpR-Xn ... C7OXzkCmjw

Reactions: wheezy
Nice job! Very cool!

ha! That's funny.....I was suppose to fly at Corona Delmar Beach late yesterday afternoon which is just on the other side of the channel into the harbor.....if I had, there would have been three Phantoms flying in the same area! That would have been really awesome! I've only flown with two there Phantoms at once in the same airspace and you really need eyes on the back of your head!

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, That's the first time I've run into another Phantom flyer ever. He was flying a Vision +. It was cool to see another person flying. I'm always solo.

Subscribed to your channel. I liked the edit, that's my hometown. I grew up bodysurfing the wedge, you should see it when it's actually good as it's one of the best waves in the world.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20